Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off there will never, ever be another John Ward. Best to ever do it imo.

I've yet to hear anyone that I'd say would be great at it for the Vols, Mike Keith would probably be my default at this point. He's really good and would be a huge upgrade, but very unlikely he leaves the Titans for anything except retirement.

my vote!…Bob Uecker

1667406529993.gif

Good Lord PLEASE do not scare me like this.
Sorry!

I think our new found relevance has journalists (or opposing fans that hate us) digging for stuff on our players and they are posting it before verifying the story. Two incidents of it are just too coincidental and Memphis High fans aren’t real happy about us being #1.

Hope he’s more decisive in pulling it and taking off than he has been the past 2 games. Can’t be taking ANY ill advised sacks for long yardage situations.

Against Kentucky they don't have the speed or talent to really force pressure or cover for long periods of time, so I can kind of understand why it happened a few times. Against Georgia Hooker will play with a different clock, like he did against Florida, LSU and Bama.

Atlanta sports talk was interesting just now. They’re saying that UGA at #3 and Erik Ainge’s tweet about Sanford not being loud is rat poison and just what Smart needs to motivate the team. No one has played TN like UGA will as they plan to put pressure on our WRs to slow them down. It’s also the biggest recruiting weekend in UGA history so they want to impress the visitors.

However, his final statement was about tickets. The 3rd party brokerage told him that in the past week a major push for expensive tickets took place and that all of the IP addresses for the buyers were Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga. He expects the Vols could bring up to 20k people so be ready for orange.
They are about to have their party spoiled.

Not sure I agree. If you feel you've done something that you don't agree with in your past and it's brought up when you're trying to rake someone over the coals for the same thing then you have to hold yourself just as accountable as the person you're throwing rocks at.

Now if she doesn't feel this way and the apologize was one given to appease employer etc. then I'd say don't apologize, rather you be an ass and honest than an ass and phony.

I see your point, but she didn't say/tweet anything malicious or hurtful. She was quoting song lyrics. Now if she had a history of long winded racist rants blaming people of color for all the world's woes and wishing ill on them then that is one thing. However, quoting song lyrics when you were a teenager should not cause you to lose your job. Stoopit stuff is stoopit.

So this twit is just saying he’s never been in a loud stadium, especially with the 11am reference
I wish I hadn't clicked on that - no frame of reference (like what stadiums he has been in) & all it did was make me mad with his "Tenner" references - never heard of him but sounds like a shock jock sports talking head

Yeah, I just assumed we allowed the fewest sacks. Didn’t feel like looking up that stat. It doesn’t feel like Hooker has been sacked or pressured as much this year.

It really hasn’t felt that way I agree. When I looked up the stat I saw a game by game breakdown and I was surprised that the hit where Sampson left Hooker out to dry in the LSU game wasn’t considered a sack. I guess since Sampson picked it up and gained yards it wasn’t counted as a sack because Hooker was sacked 0 times that game.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back