Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Song lyrics. She was quoting song lyrics. If a person can get fired for singing a song then maybe the song should be more closely scrutinized. I have stated that if she made truly racist statements then she should have to deal with that. I hate racism. In every form.
That’s the issue with judging history….. even fairly recent history….times change and feelings on all sorts of different topics change.

Humility is never bad.

If she felt led to apologize then she certainly should do that. Which she did. I just don't like people apologizing for things like posting song lyrics like they were out there rounding up folks for a lynching every Friday night. We live in an age of social media and kids do inadvisable things on said social media. So are we going to dig back into everyone's past and cancel them for the inadvisable things they did in their youth? I hope not, cause it's stoopit.

Song lyrics. She was quoting song lyrics. If a person can get fired for singing a song then maybe the song should be more closely scrutinized. I have stated that if she made truly racist statements then she should have to deal with that. I hate racism. In every form.

Was she tho? You’ve read all the tweets and linked them to songs? From the few I’ve seen, that certainly does not seem to be the case. But I don’t know all songs.

But she was a stupid kid like we all were. Except when I was a stupid kid I didn’t tweet the N word, nahmean?

And still, an apology for being a stupid kid is the least and most basic thing she could do.

I am only 12 pages behind now. Would greatly appreciate it if you all would stop posting at least until I get home from work. TIA.
tenor.gif

She wasn’t quoting song lyrics but what she said wasn’t malicious. She was in high school, said something she shouldn’t have but there was no harmful intent. Apologize and move on. Shouldn’t have lost her job over an almost decade old tweet.

Last edited:
I think what people aren't talking about enough is that Georgia hasn't faced a defense as good as ours this season. And the closest to us they faced was Missouri who held them to 26 points.

Now I don't think our defense will hold Georgia to 6 like they did Kentucky or hold them to 13 like they did LSU. But I sure as hell don't think Georgia can hang up 49 like Bama did either. And the other two games where we gave up 25 or more happened in September.

So really there is a lot of pressure on Georgia, 1 can you hold the #1 scoring offense in college to 30 or less points? and 2 can you score 30 or more on the #26 scoring defense in the country that is also the 9th best rushing defense in yards allowed per game?

And also...the defense only played 63 snaps against Kentucky, so it's not likely they'll be worn down.

Was she tho? You’ve read all the tweets and linked them to songs? From the few I’ve seen, that certainly does not seem to be the case. But I don’t know all songs.

But she was a stupid kid like we all were. Except when I was a stupid kid I didn’t tweet the N word, nahmean?

And still, an apology for being a stupid kid is the least and most basic thing she could do.

Have you seen any evidence that her tweets or any other actions of hers that would point to her being a racist person? The court of public opinion loves to convict on hearsay evidence and speculation. If an apology was warranted then it has been issued. I still don't think she should have lost her job.

You are so right!

it would be interesting to have a thread about “icons” in history and list things they have said in their past…….
it would blow people away…….

Whatever she tweeted she felt locking down her twitter, scrubbing her past, and then returning to make an apology was necessary.

But I agree, if it's just some song lyrics being quoted seems kind of dumb.
So you never seen the tweet ? I did and she was quoting a song lyric between her and a friend. She had no reason to apologize. Screw this WOKENESS crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back