Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe that all this noise is going to move the needle much for either UT or UGA. I doubt either team needs more motivation or is underestimating the other. The winner has a clear path to the SECCG and controls their own destiny. The loser could lose their Top 4 spot due to the subjectivity of others. This really is a playoff game in the regular season. Having so many top recruits in Athens will benefit UT, as well.

I'm 47 and the 1st TN game I remember watching start to finish was the 1986 Sugar Bowl. I remember the Miracle at South Bend, Play #1 at Birmingham, Pandemonium Reigns, and back to back SEC Championships... among several others. I also remember being so cocky, that in 98 I got asked if I wanted a ticket to Tempe and saying I'll go next year. At the time, I thought we'd always be good. The ones saying not to take this for granted mean it. This is something very special and as good as I can ever remember.

*We don't need to burn Heupel ***IF*** he has an off season, like 7-5, down the road. He's a fantastic coach, he's very likeable, and seems like a great family man. I think he's as East Tennessee Hillbilly as anyone that's came through UT in a long time. I'm glad my sons (17 and 15) are getting to experience the Vols at such a high level. It's really great to be a TENNESSEE VOL.
I think the first Tennessee game I really watched was UT-AU in 85....and I was hooked forever.

We're in such a great spot man. Even if Georgia beats us it won't sting for too long.

Finishing the regular season with 10 wins before the season would have been a huge accomplishment, and we appear to be poised to do no worse than 11-1 now. I know the team is focused on not losing any games and I believe they can go 15-0, but I'm not going to be mad if they lose on the road. Disappointed sure, but just go play our game and we'll see what happens.

It feels good to know we are back among the best teams in college football.

I have a story.

I went to the Alabama game with my wife. This little diminutive Alabama pipsqueak sits in front of us. He does the typical passive aggressive visitor fan thing when he claps extra hard while standing up and looking around at everybody in the section. He does this every time Alabama gets a three yard run or some other minor play. Super annoying. He then proceeds to taunt the Tennessee fan in front of him who is probably 6'-3" and 240 lbs. and pretty jacked. The jacked dude is drunk and turns around and puts both hands on the pipsqueak's face and says, "Don't start it if you don't wanna finish it, buddy!" The Alabama pipsqueak then leaves for most of the rest of the game. He only returns to his seat once Alabama gets ahead after the fumble recovery for a touchdown. Then we win, and I don't see him again.

I don't see him again... until this past Saturday at the Kentucky game! The exact same guy sits down in front of me. AND HE IS WEARING ORANGE AND SINGING ROCKY TOP! What the absolute f*** is going on here?!?! Am I being punked?

Maybe he lost a bet

What's the spread?
Still at +8 on DraftKings. Was actually surprised the number didn’t go down at all after the Nolan news. Plus we are hearing a lot of money coming in on UT. My guess is that money is on ML instead of spread if the ML odds are moving but spread isn’t?

Last edited:
I was looking at this last night actually. UT is #1 in scoring offense, UGA is #6. So pretty comparable offensive scoring on paper at least (They aren’t really because of who we have played vs who they have played).

Next, if you look at defenses that each offense has faced compared to the defense they are about to face.. these are the comps and numbers.

The closest defense we have faced to UGA this year is Bama. They are actually very close in numbers and Bama has played better offenses and teams than UGA (Including us). All we did was average 8.1 Yards per play, 70 plays, 52 points at a .74 points per play average.

The closest defense that UGA has faced to this point that looks like ours is Missouri. Missouri has a much better Total Defense than ours but scoring defense we .5 points better in scoring defense. Against Missouri, UGA averaged 6.1 Yards per play, 79 plays, 26 points at a .32 points per play average.

Looking at that, my take is the best defense we have faced this year which is on par with UGA, we still scored at will on. The best defense they have played all year which is on par with ours, they struggled bad. Almost lost.

If our offense continues to perform at a high rate against their *clears throat* slightly overrated defense, then our defense will be in a good position to slow down their offense enough to win this game. Heck, maybe even comfortably.
That’s the hope. One caveat is that several of UGAs dbs are fast as hell (multiple are nearly on par with hyatt in the 100m) so we will need to beat them differently than we did Alabama. Alabama has a couple of slower guys at corner and safety and we exploited it all night. Tillman being back is massive because we will need him to run screens and win 50/50 balls. The key matchup in my opinion is our defense vs their offense and as you said I think we will have more success than people think.

I think there was a lot more to the story here. That was the narrative the Gundy family, and a few former players put out, but plenty of others have claimed a lot more was going on.
Thanks. I didn’t know that because I just scanned the article quickly when it came out. As others have stated before, avoid those types of words because a) you should and b) even if you don’t agree with “a”, there are likely to be consequences.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Also I'll just say it...soon as you realize you want to go into a public figure type field (journalism, news anchor, athlete, etc.) the first thing you should do is immediately purge social media of all previous accounts/post/tweets etc.

The moment you go "hey I wanna be on TV" you should then go "I should start with a clean slate" easier to deny past stupid teenage behavior when there isn't concrete STILL ACCESSIBLE evidence present online.

That’s the hope. One caveat is that several of UGAs dbs are fast as hell (multiple are nearly on par with hyatt in the 100m) so we will need to beat them differently than we did Alabama. Alabama has a couple of slower guys at corner and safety and we exploited it all night. Tillman being back is massive because we will need him to run screens and win 50/50 balls. The key matchup in my opinion is our defense vs their offense and as you said I think we will have more success than people think.

Yeah, Ringo is really good. Fast and physical. I expect him to be on Tillman. That’s all I really know about that secondary though.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Should not have apologized for dropping n-bombs for all the world to see? Regardless of age, an apology is like the most basic thing she absolutely should have done.
An apology and then we move on. Unless it’s a pattern of behavior we don’t worry about it again until she’s up for sainthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back