Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get all fired up about Tennessee sports. My partners have been amazed that I have been steadfast in my Tennessee spirit over the past decade+. Some of them (vandy and mizzou grads are absolutely miserable now that Tennessee is rising up in all sports)

I have a Rocky Top playlist that I listen to frequently. Can y’all recommend any songs to add? Below is my current playlist:

Rocky Top:
POTS x2
Osborne Brothers x2
Dolly Parton
Lynn Anderson
Phish
Joey + Rory
Buck Owens
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Charlie Daniels
Conway Twitty

I’m a Vol for Life Y’all Matt Stillwell

Tennessee Mountain Girl
The Rubber Knife Gang

Tennessee Boy Kip Moore

Drink a Little Beer Thomas Rhett

Had Me by Halftime Morgan Wallen

Hey Joe The Osborne Brothers

I Hate Alabama Conner Smith

South On Ya Luke Combs

Sweet Tennessee Judah & The Lion

For The Love Of It Texas Hill

Tennessee Conner Smith

Orange and White Conner Smith

Dixieland Delight Alabama

The Way I Talk Morgan Wallen

Tennessee Orange Megan Moroney

We Bleed Orange And White
All American Tailgaters

Many thanks for any recommendations.
And Remember:

13-1 🤠
Phish's live version is my favorite. Freakin rocks.

Also did not know Phish has been playing RT for decades. Word is they will encore with RT only if they feel they've played a really special show.

Funny thing is some hardcore "phans" didn't even know it was a cover song 😅 There is a funny reddit thread from someone that just found out it was a cover and someone responded with, "you seriously thought University of Tennessee fans were singing a Phish song 50 times a football game?" 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Big Orange#1
my brother in law is the Civil Engineer, breaux.

I thought that there was a crowned field when there was artificial turf.

Now that it’s natural grass, I thought that it was flat.
It was described as an engineering marvel that it was able handle drainage water at up to 12” of rain per day. It’s an incredible amount of water that drains right through the field…

According to TOS it's pretty dead on campus. Not expecting a great environment. Bad weather. Trap spread. No sir, I don't like it.

I only go to about one game a year, but the Volwalk was better than I expected, considering the early time and weather. This fan base will show up.

Y’all see the Michigan schedule? Absolutely awful. OSU will smoke them. Even if it’s close, our SOS will put us in over them easily. TCU and Oregon go down today and all we gotta do is handle business!

Gameday asked 2 questions during the playoff conversation this morning:

Can a 1 loss TCU with a Big12 championship stay in the top 4 discussion?

What’s more probable, 2 SEC teams getting in vs 2 Big10 teams getting in?

Most agreed that TCU would stay in the discussion if they lost today but won the Big12 but most gave the impression that they didn’t think it would be enough. Kirk misunderstood the question and thought it was “do they get in” and not “do they stay in the discussion”… and he said No. Then when he realizes it was the discussion question and said sure they stay in the discussion.. but based on his first answer he doesn’t think they get in. As for which conference could get 2 teams in, the Big12 guy in Desmond tried to argue it could happen with a close Michigan loss AT OSU. Everyone else agreed that it makes it tougher but pretty much everyone else said if two teams get in from one conference it’s the SEC and most mentioned Tennessee as well.

One thing I noticed with the SEC vs Big12 discussion is every time they talked about OSU vs Michigan they all resorted to “if Michigan loses close…”. Sounds like none of them think Michigan is going to win that game.

The coaches of the SEC when realizing that Tennessee has hired a real coach who can develop talent, actually coach ingame, and recruit:

Auburn
View attachment 513323

Florida
View attachment 513325

LSU
View attachment 513326

Ole Miss
View attachment 513327

Texas A&M
View attachment 513328

Georgia
View attachment 513329