Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what concerns me… we always cave under pressure.
No, not always. Usually, but not always. And I think this staff has done pretty solidly under pressure.

It’s just a game. This team is better than that team. Just go out there and play. There’s no such thing as curses or jinxes. Tennessee controls what happens Saturday.

Maybe we’ll fold. But I think everyone here thinks Heupel and co. are better than our last three staffs. Have faith they’re gonna show it. The talent is there to beat Florida. Just go do it.

No, not always. Usually, but not always. And I think this staff has done pretty solidly under pressure.

It’s just a game. This team is better than that team. Just go out there and play. There’s no such thing as curses or jinxes. Tennessee controls what happens Saturday.

Maybe we’ll fold. But I think everyone here thinks Heupel and co. are better than our last three staffs. Have faith they’re gonna show it. The talent is there to beat Florida. Just go do it.
I feel way more confident with this staff.

The good news is all the media and buzz will be in Knoxville. It’s either positive with a win or negative with a loss.

This team is ready and coached up.

I feel way more confident with this staff.

The good news is all the media and buzz will be in Knoxville. It’s either positive with a win or negative with a loss.

This team is ready and coached up.

tenor.gif

I agree. But there's not a coach or player or anyone in that athletic department that isn't keenly aware of what fans want, and the stigma we have for this matchup.

'On paper' only gets your so far.

We're better than Florida. Again.

Go win the damn game and shut everyone up.

1663556099975.gif

I agree. But there's not a coach or player or anyone in that athletic department that isn't keenly aware of what fans want, and the stigma we have for this matchup.

'On paper' only gets your so far.

We're better than Florida. Again.

Go win the damn game and shut everyone up.

View attachment 491445
They absolutely hear it. I think the fans honestly make it worse. I remember cringing hard with the KPD warnings in 2012 and 2014 against rushing the field.

But the staff and players have to be good enough to overcome that. I think they’re up to it.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So you stole From the Commonwealth and smuggled it out of the country? Merica baby.

Nah, Charles Towne was an early English settlement along the Ashley River named after Charles II, eventually relocated a short distance to what became Charleston, SC. There are British and Spanish coins from the colonial and early American era lying buried all around the South Carolina lowcountry.

When I was in school and would go to the games, I always noticed the old-timers who lived through national titles and Heisman trophies and top 5 finishes and how dejected they looked. As bad as Tennessee got, it was due to incompetence; they weren’t poisoned like the Buffs were. My advisor sat on the committee that self-imposed the harshest recruiting restrictions imaginable and used to brag to me that he’d helped kill the football program. After all, a university was supposed to be about SCHOLARSHIP, not silly athletic competition. Always found that tremendously myopic.

The irony is that academics pre-WWII would have balked at the suggestion that athletics weren’t essential to the university and academic experience.

It’s not an accident that sports and schools are intertwined in this country.

I agree and I bet that’s how he grew up. He’s a college coach with the last name Beamer. Sure that’s had a lot to do with his opportunities.
Growing up in a small mountain town where your dad was the most famous and revered person in 3/4ths of the state will do that to you.

I think he's a little pretentious with a dash of imposter syndrome.

And maybe the incident with the students was benign... but maybe it also would have been reported differently if he wasn't a douche canoe to his own media members.

After dude try to rip his helmet off.. akrun is trash
And we paid them to play. Trash team from what I saw from last night. Cash your check Monday morning and move on. I will be watching their team this year and I hope they get smacked in the face every game, along with Joe Morehead. He has to live with that name and part of my enjoyment from here on out.

Beamer kinda reminds me of a spoiled brat that always got his way. And I still say he’s WAY in over his head
His games and press conferences have been some real steamers. . . USCe press conf = a Beamer Steamer.
I'm not sold that he wouldve gotten an SEC hbc job if his last name wasn't Beamer. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back