Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ankle

Tillman ankle too

Small shoulder

Small said he could have come back in game.

Tillman told players/staff he felt "good" but he's been rehabbing injury since halftime of the game. Hubbs also said don't underestimate the power of adrenaline, in regards to Tillman saying he was "good." We'll see if he's good to go by game time but I don't think we'll get many updates on him.

I hope we have Tillman. Him playing drastically alters my opinion on the game, I think he’s that important.

With Gameday coming to Knoxville prepare for an absolute onslaught of praise hurled at our program on ESPN.

Don’t forget… they’re still ESPN,

We're ranked 11th. That's praiseworthy. Heupel and staff deserve every bit of it, especially after we were absolutely disrespected by the coaches poll and AP polls until after we beat Pitt. They gonna rank Arky and UK that far ahead of us? Ah hell nah. We deserve the praise. Obviously, you don't want it to go the the team's collective head but it's well deserved, especially when you look at the other teams getting praise and what they've done.

I hope we have Tillman. Him playing drastically alters my opinion on the game, I think he’s that important.

Heupel will NEVER divulge the possible playing status of any of his players until right before kickoff.
Doesn’t matter if it’s an injury or disciplinary reason. He’s of the coaching school that you don’t let your opponent know if someone will play or not. That has pretty much become the rule in college football rather than the exception.
Of course in pro football the rules are different where player status has to be stated such as injured reserved or out or whatever.
This is one reason why big time gamblers prefer to bet on pro football rather than college. They think they have more information to go on in the pros.

Heupel will NEVER divulge the possible playing status of any of his players until right before kickoff.
Doesn’t matter if it’s an injury or disciplinary reason. He’s of the coaching school that you don’t let your opponent know if someone will play or not. That has pretty much become the rule in college football rather than the exception.
Of course in pro football the rules are different where player status has to be stated such as injured reserved or out or whatever.
This is one reason why big time gamblers prefer to bet on pro football rather than college. They think they have more information to go on in the pros.

Oh I know we won’t know until right before the game lol. Which makes it that much more stressful. I just don’t have confidence in any WR not named Tillman just yet. Bru is new still, Hyatt has definitely progressed this year but I need to see him do it in SEC play first.

ClosedRealisticJunco-max-1mb.gif

What a clown that guy is…

For me its the HB's. We still have 2 really solid receivers and 3 receivers and 2 TE that hopefully combined can make up for the lost production if Tillman doesnt play.
At HB Small isnt 100%, Sampson who knows about his ankle, JWT hasnt had much playing time, and Wright has had a fumbling problem. The opportunities to run will be there we just have to have someone available to do it.

Reactions: OrangenSC

Depends on the severity of the injury. Sometimes, the decision is taken out of your hands.

Oh I know we won’t know until right before the game lol. Which makes it that much more stressful. I just don’t have confidence in any WR not named Tillman just yet. Bru is new still, Hyatt has definitely progressed this year but I need to see him do it in SEC play first.

Totally agree.
I used to comb through every Vol related web site trying to find out news on who may or may not play.
With Heupel, I’ve stopped because I realize it’s not happening. We still don’t know why Dee Williams isn’t playing and we won’t ever know for sure.
But that’s just the way it is.

When I was in school and would go to the games, I always noticed the old-timers who lived through national titles and Heisman trophies and top 5 finishes and how dejected they looked. As bad as Tennessee got, it was due to incompetence; they weren’t poisoned like the Buffs were. My advisor sat on the committee that self-imposed the harshest recruiting restrictions imaginable and used to brag to me that he’d helped kill the football program. After all, a university was supposed to be about SCHOLARSHIP, not silly athletic competition. Always found that tremendously myopic.
That sounds like the pencil necked geek nerds that wanted to destroy our program from within.

I think he puts of a serious Derek Dooley vibe.

So yeah. Agreed.
View attachment 491437
Nothing like Dooley though….. Dooley would have done well here if he cared enough to recruit…He reminds me a of mixture of Dooley and Butch….. got job due to daddy’s name….. behaves like Butch Jones.

This is what concerns me… we always cave under pressure.
Heupel has to find a way to calm the team. Don’t bring Al in to get them fired up before kickoff. Let Al talk to the defense, but let a meditation expert talk to the offense to calm them. We execute much better on O when we are not jacked to the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back