Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hip-hop community does this "remember when" thing every 2-3 years at any major event that will let them. Even the Super Bowl was like "man, rap used to be cool."

The originators (like the acts you mention) and the preservers (like Questlove) are always trying to reintroduce the art to regain the essence.
I’m a metal guy, but the Public Enemy and NWA show I saw was unbelievable

Rashada and his dad look bad for making it a bidding war with literally every school that they talked to after they read about Nico's deal. They fired their experienced lawyer for a couple of newbies that let them sign a terrible deal. Family looks bad, law firm looks bad, Gator collective looks bad, Florida looks bad, NCAA looks stupid.
Rashada has to own his part in all of this, he’s not innocent by any means, but you have to feel for the kid a bit. The way he had issues about the talk of the contract around Elite 11.. it sounds to me like the dad was probably the driving force behind a lot of it.

Rashada and his dad look bad for making it a bidding war with literally every school that they talked to after they read about Nico's deal. They fired their experienced lawyer for a couple of newbies that let them sign a terrible deal. Family looks bad, law firm looks bad, Gator collective looks bad, Florida looks bad, NCAA looks stupid.
^^^^^^^^^^ this. And taking the money then no showing for your obligation looks EXTREMELY bad. Says a lot about the character of his camp. Makes me appreciate Big Nico even more and the way he groomed his son.

We should be high fiving this.

The hip-hop community does this "remember when" thing every 2-3 years at any major event that will let them. Even the Super Bowl was like "man, rap used to be cool."

The originators (like the acts you mention) and the preservers (like Questlove) are always trying to reintroduce the art to regain the essence.
Do wha?

I think Rap and Hip Hop diverged 25 years ago.

Rap is now meant for clubs. Hip hop is meant to enlighten, as an art form.

I'll give Rashada a pass. Not his camp though. Handlers(includes dad) and Florida look bad imo.

Rashada has to own his part in all of this, he’s not innocent by any means, but you have to feel for the kid a bit. The way he had issues about the talk of the contract around Elite 11.. it sounds to me like the dad was probably the driving force behind a lot of it.

Kinda sad...some of these kids legit got an opportunity to make "life changing" money AND get a free education, but then their family who mostly come from nothing and haven't had anything are getting involved trying to make sure the pie is bigger so their piece ain't too small.

A friend of mine and I used to talk about this, we grew up in pretty much the same type of place. But his community focused on sports or music as the only ways to get out. Whereas I was being directed into engineering, technology, medical, or education as careers to get out of the cycle.

Oh, ill put on my moran cap then.

takes one to know one

caddyshack-chevy.gif

Rashada deal was wild

This was signed PRIOR to NLI. Violation by Florida.

Prior to last month, Rashada had not visited Tempe since June 2021, when Herm Edwards was Arizona State’s head coach, and he did not use one of his five official visits there. Because he already signed a letter of intent this cycle, he will not formally become a Sun Devil until he can enroll this summer.

As for how much NIL money Rashada landed by going to Arizona State, a person with knowledge of that school’s collective said it was his understanding that an NIL arrangement for Rashada is “nonexistent.”

I'm reading it right now too, this is pretty crazy.

THAT IS A TERRIBLE CONTRACT

I'm also pretty sure that you can't put in a contract that the athlete has to attend the school or live anywhere. That's why they make them so heavily weighted on appearances in the college town at crazy dates/times. To fulfill those you almost have to live there, but I don't think that you can outright dictate it.

1.) not looking good for Florida, I hope this story makes its way around the CFB and HS FB communities. NCAA should investigate, but I won't count on it.
2.) THANK GOD we have Spyre and the Volunteer Club
Wow, that’s heartbreaking for him and his family.

I'm reading it right now too, this is pretty crazy.

THAT IS A TERRIBLE CONTRACT

I'm also pretty sure that you can't put in a contract that the athlete has to attend the school or live anywhere. That's why they make them so heavily weighted on appearances in the college town at crazy dates/times. To fulfill those you almost have to live there, but I don't think that you can outright dictate it.

1.) not looking good for Florida, I hope this story makes its way around the CFB and HS FB communities. NCAA should investigate, but I won't count on it.
2.) THANK GOD we have Spyre and the Volunteer Club
geez. sounds like they're all crazy.

I'll die believing we would've given UGA a helluva game in the rematch for the Natty, Hooker or no Hooker. USCjr game next season need to be a blood bath, we owe them on multiple levels. And I want Rattler to take a beating.
I want to beat them so bad………the SEC office calls for the game to be stopped mid 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back