Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember this soundtrack?

Trying to buy into the Public Enemy/Anthrax success.

Honestly, some really bad songs. But, some stuff waay before its time. Cypress Hill/Pearl Jam was excellent. Several groups still in their hey day, Run DMC, De La Soul.

But, of all of them. My personal fave, who Ive mistakenly let a pregnant woman talk me out of seeing live. Deltron. He was about 30 years ahead of his time with this song.

Here's one that was a decent mix, but maybe not well known.

Jay Z and Linkin Park was pretty good too.

How many times have they mentioned Josh Heupel?
Heupel is very close to building exactly what he wants here, a championship program, and he did it all himself (with his staff, obviously). Why would he want to go anywhere else at this point? Especially somewhere that already has a successful program? Future successes in those programs would be met with an asterisk* because it could be argued those that came before him laid the ground work. Heupel built this program up from ashes.

So Texas is ranked ahead of UT in the latest poll I even though we beat them head to head..Wow!! It just doesn’t seem to matter or at least for us it doesn’t.. What utter complete 🐂💩!! 😖
Head to head matters for everyone else outside of Tennessee. We are the only team that can have the same record as said team, beat said team, but then a week or 2 later somehow find ourselves behind them. It's asinine.

Reactions: OrangeShade
Heupel is very close to building exactly what he wants here, a championship program, and he did it all himself (with his staff, obviously). Why would he want to go anywhere else at this point? Especially somewhere that already has a successful program? Future successes in those programs would be met with an asterisk* because it could be argued those that came before him laid the ground work. Heupel built this program up from ashes.
You don't want to follow a legend. You want to follow the guy that followed the legend.

cranes-jpg.534914
Wow, literally thousands of sandhill cranes having breakfast this morning in a farmer's field about a mile from our house in Deming, NM. They winter here and at the Bosque del Apache along the Rio Grande, south of San Antonio, NM.View attachment 534919
Had a flock of cranes fly over my house a month or so ago. I've never seen them around here before.

#4 Tennessee beats #10 Texas 82-71
- TN ranked #2; TX stays at #10

#2 TN loses to Florida on the road, beats #25 Auburn.
#10 Texas beats #11 Baylor, beats #7 Kansas State.

New ranking: Texas #5; Tennessee #6.

TN did not play well last week, but a dominating recent win, you'd think, would keep them over the team they beat.
They don’t compare head to head records at this point…. Tennessee sucked…. Texas had two good wins…. Decent chance that we jump them again this week.

Last edited:
I hope they beat both of them as well. Freeze told Dawn Davenport a radio afternoon host in Nashville that he knows the formula of beating Saban. He also curb stomped Kirby with lesser talent in 2016. Let’s hope they can do it again
That Georgia team lost to Butch, vandy, and Georgia Tech that year.

cranes-jpg.534914
Wow, literally thousands of sandhill cranes having breakfast this morning in a farmer's field about a mile from our house in Deming, NM. They winter here and at the Bosque del Apache along the Rio Grande, south of San Antonio, NM.View attachment 534919

I don’t know much about New Mexico (only been to Albuquerque), but I would think that would be a tough place to farm.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back