Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the "smart" play is to run out the clock but you're only up by 2. You had an open basket twice. Take the points. Instead what happened was you gave Vandy 4/5 opportunities to turn you over on inbound passes because they had to catch up with fouls.

Go up and finish, bait the foul on the shot Phillips. Make your free throws Santi.

That was a horrible demonstration on salting away a game. Hope we learn from it.

They aren't gonna call fouls when we pass the ball around the perimeter and occasionally slow motion it inside for a fadeaway or hook shot.

We do not drive with any sort of urgency or confidence
They're not going call fouls when they beat the crap out of our guards or fly over our backs on rebounds. But they will call fouls on us when we're in the same zip code as their shooters.

Last edited:
Don’t have any game changer at guard this year
JJJ isn’t what he was before injury
Inside guys don’t have great talent
Honestly these talent deficiencies are on CRB this year

3, maybe 4 of our losses are against awful teams. How do you beat good to great teams but can't beat average/bad teams.
Only shooting 3 free throws, how does that happen? Barnes needs to recruit scorers, someone that can create his own shot.

Reactions: Wokepack
They're not going call fouls when they beat the crap put of our guards or fly over our backs on rebounds. But they will call fouls on us when we're in the same zip code as their shooters.
Been getting called like that since league play started. 1 or 2 games is one thing. Every game...

We shot 3 fts to Vandy's 12. Vandy finished with 13 fouls to our 12, after committing 5 in the final minute.

I see us losing against Auburn, Alabama, and Kentucky before the SEC tournament. 1 or 2 seed is probably out of the question but we will get into the big dance.

It’d be nice to have a consistent program that’s legitimately feared by other fanbases but we just simply aren’t there. We’ll see what happens. People will attack the coaching.

That didn’t work at all for TAMU did it? They went highest rated, bought the #1 class and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I don’t want any of their transfer portal players either.

I’m extremely happy with the way our coaches are handling this. I’m more than willing to be patient and let them build our dynasty their way. I’m going to say that they will develop and get more out of their chosen players and recruits than most teams Get from their higher rated mercenary type players. Our top 10 class with the addition of the selected portal transfers will do more than other higher ranked classes, just watch.

We’re headed towards

15-0 🤠

Enjoy the ride!
Agree. We just got to be patient and let them work.

They're not going call fouls when they beat the crap put of our guards or fly over our backs on rebounds. But they will call fouls on us when we're in the same zip code as their shooters.

I understand your complaint, I really do. But we have been saying this same thing all season long. In reality, we do not run an offense or play a style that gets whistles. Our offense is simply god awful. Just terrible.

We didn't go up for the go ahead dunk or lay up with 8 seconds left, or hit our free throws because we are so anti-offense.

This isn't a ref problem. This is an offense problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back