Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julian Phillips probably having a nightmare tonight.

That felt like Joe Milton running out of bounds. I hope that is akin to his turnaround as well, and he becomes a savage ball hawk. Barnes’ I love ‘em even after that loss but he’s trained the “dog” right out of this team. So I’m not holding my breath. Team is what it is, it’s baked into the cake at this point.

Am I wrong? Should he have still passed that shot up?
you're 100% right

Julian Phillips probably having a nightmare tonight.

That felt like Joe Milton running out of bounds. I hope that is akin to his turnaround as well, and he becomes a savage ball hawk. Barnes’ I love ‘em even after that loss but he’s trained the “dog” right out of this team. So I’m not holding my breath. Team is what it is, it’s baked into the cake at this point.

Am I wrong? Should he have still passed that shot up?
Even Barnes said he shouldn't have passed that shot up.

You succeeded.

Live look at bignewt's house:
latest

Basketvols are sleepwalking through no name games. That's self-discipline. Our guys got cocky af after notching early season big wins and keep thinking they're so good they don't have to have any urgency against anyone other than top teams. They are playing themselves right out of a deep tourney run by guaranteeing crappy seeding.

Defense is great and all but the NCAAT and CBB in general is a 3 point game and has been for eons. No matter how good your defense is you can't completely shut down teams that consistently shoot the 3. That is why for the billionth time - the 'fix' is to recruit and play 1 or 2 guys that can consistently hit those shots even if they suck at every other aspect of the game.

My prediction:

This basketball team makes a deep tourney run

Something feels like Cuonzo’s last year to me - fans are writing off a talented team they think is underperforming.

My optimistic thought is that the team responds, digs deep and makes a run.

We will see what happens!

@SoilVol what happened with your bow buck? I know you couldn’t tell us too much until you got results back.
My dad's. TWRA still hasn't sent their scorer because my dad refuses to send a picture to verify the size lol. My uncle scored 189, the taxidermist 182. Couple of points right on the verge of an inch.

It's a true, free range, middle TN giant. 20230209_064008.jpg

Same offense we were putting up 80 a game just a few weeks ago. We shot 3 freethrows the entire game, one in the second half, despite Vandy physically assaulting our guards every possession. Several players had to sit lengthy times for fouls including ZZ.
We shot 8 FT’s while scoring 77 against LSU…. 7 FT’s while scoring 85 against SC…. 3 FT’s while scoring 87 against MSU…. We are just not an aggressive physical team on offense.

Last edited:
LMAO... no one can explain how this team can do what it did, and beat who it did the first of the season, and yet now we can't even beat Candy, who's lost 12... At this rate we will most likely drop another 5-6... No way we are beating Mizz, bama, KY, A&M, Ark, or AU playing like this ... I'll say again and again, this is on Barnes...

I think this explains why fans weren’t super hyped about the team a few weeks ago. You can watch and see that we’re talented, but don’t play to our full potential some nights.

Reactions: VolNash17
We shot 8 FT’s while scoring 77 against LSU…. 7 FT’s while scoring 85 against SC…. 3 FT’s while scoring 87 against MSU…. We are just not aggressive physical team on offense.
Yep. We have to figure out how to get to the line more. Refs don't give calls for contact in the post anymore, you've got to have a guy going down hill to get those calls.

LMAO... no one can explain how this team can do what it did, and beat who it did the first of the season, and yet now we can't even beat Candy, who's lost 12... At this rate we will most likely drop another 5-6... No way we are beating Mizz, bama, KY, A&M, Ark, or AU playing like this ... I'll say again and again, this is on Barnes...
this really isnt helpful.

he is who he is. I do think we need to swallow our pride and grt better in post. Need to upgrade team speed also.

I think this explains why fans weren’t super hyped about the team a few weeks ago. You can watch and see that we’re talented, but don’t play to our full potential some nights.

I think the team is talented but some fans talk like there are three NBA lottery picks on this team and a Final Four is all but guaranteed if Barnes could just coach better. I’m not sure that’s remotely the case. I’m actually not sure who on this team is an NBA talent. But it’s a high quality, experienced college team that should be more consistent, that much is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back