Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've reached the point where players need to adjust how they play if refs aren't going to call easy fouls. If the other team is being physical, we need to be physical. Both Barnes and the players need to be able to change their strategy on the fly.

I see us losing against Auburn, Alabama, and Kentucky before the SEC tournament. 1 or 2 seed is probably out of the question but we will get into the big dance.

Well Missouri can certainly beat us Saturday and you left out aTm and the SEC tourney loss. So could lose 4-5 more with the way they are playing.

Should've been a marquee game. Anything can happen with this good Vols/bad Vols team, but it looks like JJJ might be out again and Santi's shoulder still bothers him. A shame how the season turned.
It all depends on how the game is called. We don't fair well with rough play. If they allow physical play, we'll get killed. If they keep them off our guards we stand a chance.

JJJ has been atrocious this year, no way he's going to the league. He was 1-7 before the injury. He doesn't have that drive or "It" factor. We had room to add another transfer or someone else for this scenario, but we didn't. It's ultimately on Barnes. We've just begun the plunge. If Vanderbilt can beat us, anyone can the rest of the way. The sharks will be out for blood going forward. I'd burn Dillones redshirt, cause we need a scorer, but that's just me. I feel like our offense can't get worse and it could get better with the infusion of talent at guard if Dillone was to play.

It all depends on how the game is called. We don't fair well with rough play. If they allow physical play, we'll get killed. If they keep them off our guards we stand a chance.

Everybody's going to play the Vols physically from now on. The Vols could flip the script and win out. Or they could sink deeper in a funk and lose to anybody. You never know who's going to show up and who's going to disappear on any given night. But every game could be dogfight, and the Vols are going to have to deal with bad calls. Uros can't even stay in a game without racking up fouls one after another.

I can’t abide Bama coming in and running us out of our own gym.
It really sucks that their BASKETBALL program (one of which is underfunded in terms of facilities and resources spent) is #3 in country and recruiting at a elite level like they are. Oats is doing things there never thought possible. He’ll have to make another Sweet 16 to continue the build but he’s been great there so far. Really sucks. We’re 1-3 Vs them since he’s been there

DW's scratching his head wondering what happened to all his top-ranked teams. Could be some rough games ahead, but it's gonna be challenging for MBB to match the LVs power slide. Dropping from #5 to unranked in two weeks is historic.
Does Danny see that there’s a clear ceiling to the current MBB Coach?… I like Rick but with Eric Musselman going to Elite 8’s back to back and Nate Oats doing what he’s doing in not exactly a great basketball job I wonder what Danny thinks of all of that. Tennessee basketball job to me is one of the top 2-3 in the SEC from a Resources, Facilities and Fan support standpoint.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
DW's scratching his head wondering what happened to all his top-ranked teams. Could be some rough games ahead, but it's gonna be challenging for MBB to match the LVs power slide. Dropping from #5 to unranked in two weeks is historic.

Quarantine Tony Vitello until July.

Nah, our offense was fine before the refs started allowing the othe team to hold, grab, push and be handsy with our guards. They allow two levels of physical play on the court. If you watch the game and watch our guys run and break to get open, it's like running through a gauntlet. Fouls that were called earlier in the year, are not being called now.

Vescovi gets pounded running through the paint. They don’t call clear fouls in the paint, but they call touch fouls up top. They all do it- Pat Adams, Tony Greene, Doug Shows. It’s a bad product. All the way around.

Tony Vitello is the coach I’m ultra supremely confident in winning a National championship. Heupel is getting there but not near as confident as I am in Vitello. Rick… absolutely no chance. Weekly… nope. Harper… nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back