Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the "Fun" out of your name, moran. -_-
1d0e9511-a97a-4212-be20-c915d45db0de_text.gif

Reactions: SoilVol
Maybe similar in the sense that it tries to be all-inclusive. It basically takes every meaningful statistic and wraps it all together. So, yeah it should be reflective of overall value similar to wins above replacement. Not just who bats the best or fields the best, etc. And if you look at the top names, it seems fairly in line with consensus opinions.
I’m all for advanced analytics.

I see 3 of the top 5 all time leaders in PER are playing right now. 8 of the top 15 too.

Pistol Pete couldn’t get the ball across half court in today’s NBA. The NBA of the 70s and 80s is like high school ball compared to the athleticism that all positions have now.
Pete Maravich was a 6-5 200 lb guard. That's big by today's standards of guards. So what is the evidence he and everyone else were unathletic?

The idea that the newer generation of athletes are more athletic is something that gets said as fact for all sports but I never really see any kind of evidence for it.

Pete Maravich was a 6-5 200 lb guard. That's big by today's standards of guards. So what is the evidence he and everyone else were unathletic?

The idea that the newer generation of athletes are more athletic is something that gets said as fact for all sports but I never really see any kind of evidence for it.
Lol What???? I hope this is a tongue n cheek post

Reactions: BJHSVol
Truth. Being "The Big Fundamental" he lacked the flash or hype. He didn't make himself a "brand".

He's right there with Shaq and Chamberlain statistically.
I named my 13 man roster earlier but if I could go with 1 more traditional starting line up and 13 man roster it would be....

PG- Isiah Thomas
SG- Reggie Miller
SF- Paul Pierce
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- David Robinson

With Scottie Pippin, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Allen Iverson, Dennis Rodman (pre wedding dress), and Kawhi Leonard on my 13 man roster.

GAME TIME 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

GO BIG ORANGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back