Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average 40+ a game in college……before they had a 3pt line. Dude was really good. You’re just drunk and feeling contrary.
Not drunk. Probably a little contrary. I base it a lot off my FIL's opinion, who saw him live a lot and knows a lot more about basketball than me. He was a great player, but he did take a ton of shots. He made a ton, too.

I would love to see Rodman harassing Durant under the old NBA rules…. Would be so much fun to watch.
Maybe, but I don't remember Rodman doing much perimeter defending. Durant would feast 15-24 feet. Would be a great watch though.

Durant would smoke him on 3s and jump shots. Rodman would dominate him on the boards. Not sure if he could shoot over Durant, but he'd try his best to bully him right until he was under goal 😅

Overall, Durant is a muuuch better player. Rodman was elite in the post though. My favorite rebounder ever.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
One guy is 3-6 in NBA finals and the other is 6-0
One guys played in 80+ games in 11 seasons
The other guy 3 times
One guy led the league in scoring 10 times
The other guy once
One guy in shooting last 2 minutes of the game tied or down by one was 19 for 96, the other guy is Jordan
It's 4-6 not 3-6.
Rebounds and Assists are part of the game too. Which Jordan is beat in.
One guy had guys like J.R. Smith do the dumbest thing in finals history. The other had great players that understood their roles and executed.
Bron is scoring 30 pts a game in his 20th season while the other guy didn't play a 20th season.

grumpy-old-man.gif
Is that a selfie?

Pistol Pete couldn’t get the ball across half court in today’s NBA. The NBA of the 70s and 80s is like high school ball compared to the athleticism that all positions have now.
uhh..

8006BCA1-0DF8-45F5-B32F-E60E7545095A.gif303CB993-281D-40DA-8FCF-BB3443163CB9.gif
7EEB74FD-5DCF-4219-B93B-C3D9F8FB2A21.gif
That Bird fadeaway on a higher arc cant be defended. Why Jordan practiced and perfected it as he got older.

You're just wrong man.

Right. Today they tend to avoid hacking, shoving, and climbing over people because it's going to be called now. The rules have shifted back toward having to utilize skill and agility over clobbering folks, as intended. That isn't nature (of being less physical), it is nurture (of the rules).

Basketball via Naismith was never meant to be a streetcourt "blood or no foul" type of game. Straight from his own original rules. Go watch what happened to Bill Russell EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. The guy would regularly be hacked by 3 opponents at a time, on every possession. It was silly and disincetivized actually having to use agility and skill by defenders.

Things had swung too far that way. Which ultimately culminated in the 80s Pistons disgrace. And yet sadly some that went through that era have the misunderstanding that was "real basketball" smh 😒
Naismith didn’t create it to be a sport…. It was just an activity to keep athletes in shape during the winter…..IMO the rule changes have been awful for the game… back in the 80’s… you had several different styles… Lakers flash…. Celtics precision…. Bad boys piston…. Knicks… and a few more…. All the teams played a different style which made it interesting…. Now….. all the teams play the same style which makes it kind of boring, imo.

He could finger roll.
I think difference is players, much like with other sports train nearly year around from MS on. Like in baseball, things like playing sound defense, rebounding, learning trick passes, finger rolls etc bc the game's changed. 3 point line helped a lot of that. Everything is offense oriented, why NBA is so boring.

Players are likely longer, spend more hours working out, and shooting. Def dont think they're more physical, just think the game has changed. Also, its now an international thing. Players who can shoot are cherry picked.

Why finger roll a layup or post up when you can choot a 3?

Maybe, but I don't remember Rodman doing much perimeter defending. Durant would feast 15-24 feet. Would be a great watch though.

Durant would smoke him on 3s and jump shots. Rodman would dominate him on the boards. Not sure if he could shoot over Durant, but he'd try his best to bully him right until he was under goal 😅

Overall, Durant is a muuuch better player. Rodman was elite in the post though. My favorite rebounder ever.
Teams would rather keep Rodman closer to the goal bc he was such a great rebounder…. He is definitely quick enough to guard the perimeter…. I want to see how consistent Durant would have been with someone like Rodman living in his shirt….

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Teams would rather keep Rodman closer to the goal bc he was such a great rebounder…. He is definitely quick enough to guard the perimeter…. I want to see how consistent Durant would have been with someone like Rodman living in his shirt….
Watched the ESPN 30/30 on Bulls.

Didnt appreciate how freakish of an athlete he was. He stepped on field and changed gears from attention whore to legit HoF.

uhh..

View attachment 535674View attachment 535675
View attachment 535676
That Bird fadeaway on a higher arc cant be defended. Why Jordan practiced and perfected it as he got older.

You're just wrong man.
Doncic and Jokic are not elite athletes…and the NBA is their personal playground. I’m sure the narrative will stress that they’re EUROPEAN, but that doesn’t give you hops and speed. They PLAY better which is what the legends did. No answer for them THEN and none NOW.

Magic / Isiah Thomas (my favorite player)
Jordan / Kobe
Bird / LeBron (I feel dirty)
Duncan / Barkley
Shaq / Hakeem

Durant, Steph and Oscar Robertson fill out the rest of my roster

Keep your head on a swivel lads

Viktoria Nasyrova: Woman guilty of lookalike cheesecake poisoning plot Viktoria Nasyrova: Woman guilty of lookalike cheesecake poisoning plot

If Brad Pitt invites me to Cheesecake Factory, I ain’t having it

Uhhh.... my wife brought me home some cheesecake the other night and I just haven't gotten around to eating any of it yet. Trying to think of how I could have ticked her off badly enough to want to kill me but I can't think of anything. I need to go take a nap before she finishes cleaning the garage and pressure washing the driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back