Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny White

azizansari-dirtoffyourhshoulder.gif

I think it is very debatable if he had knowledge. It is definitely not factual that he did not know.
"Based on what we currently know". Factual may be too strong a word. But the onus is on those stating someone is guilty.

What has been released so far saying he had knowledge? And I'm not talking assumptions. Actual evidence.

It's the biggest reason attorneys that have discussed Alabama law say he isn't being charged at this point.

Your justifications are unbalanced at best. You have criticized the clearly lawful use of a weapon in self defense, while bending over backwards to justify this as OK. He wasn't going to the range. He wanted his gun to 1) defend himself, or 2) commit murder.
Criticism <> criminality.

I think a lot of things surrounding uses of guns are stupid. Doesn't make them illegal. That is based on law, not a moran's opinion.

I mean, even choosing to live in Alabama is awful. Unfortunately, it isn't a crime to be an Alabamian (prolly should be).

Call me lazy, but if my roommate ever texted me after midnight to bring him his gun the amount of 4 letter words I'd send back would make a sailor blush.
I know demonstrating any level of common sense is downright offensive to people to like to rationalize nonsense at an Olympic level, but this is obvious to anyone with a brain.

Everyone who has ever been asked to bring a loaded gun to a public place after midnight has known why they are bringing it.

Went to a gala/fundraiser Sat. night in Lebanon. I did bid on a few things that were auctioned but I couldn't believe what 3 different bottles of booze brought. First one was a 10 yr Pappy van Winkle that sold for I think $12000, next was a bottle of 12 yr Pappy that sold I think for 14000 and last was a 17 year old bottle of Eagle Rare that went for $18000. Didn't end up buying anything but made a nice donation anyway and had a great time.

1) He didn't loan the gun out. It was the friend's gun.

2) With knowledge or not?

You are making a huge leap.

In Alabama, accessory is mostly about knowledge of intent.

With knowledge - 100% slammer

Without - Not so fast.

Let's talk in facts as known. 1) He did not have knowledge of intent to go on the offensive as far as we know and 2) It was the friend's gun.

You have your buddy’s keys. He’s been drinking. Wants to go for a drive. You handing him the keys? They’re his keys.

You have your buddy’s keys. He’s been drinking. Wants to go for a drive. You handing him the keys? They’re his keys.
In this case you know he's been drinking. Knowledge.

(btw I am genuinely curious about the legality of that, just out of curiosity...you hear about people being put into that position all the time, unfortunately I've seen it a few times and that person always ends up PISSED, but extremely grateful the next day. I'd guess there is some culpability...I believe (iirc) in some states even being a rider with a drunk driver can be illegal).

At the end of the day, it isn't apples to apples. It is all about knowledge of intent (especially from what I was told of Bammer law)

In this case you know he's been drinking. Knowledge.

(btw I am genuinely curious about the legality of that, just out of curiosity...you hear about people being put into that position all the time, unfortunately I've seen it a few times and that person always ends up PISSED, but extremely grateful the next day. I'd guess there is some culpability...I believe (iirc) in some states even being a rider with a drunk driver can be illegal).

At the end of the day, it isn't apples to apples. It is all about knowledge of intent (especially from what I was told of Bammer law)

But didn’t he know there was an argument happening? I thought that was outlined in the texts from court? Wouldn’t that be knowledge?

Agree with you on the question of legality. I don’t know on that.

Reactions: LaagerVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back