Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a beautiful fish. Personally glad they're starting to recognize all these other species of bass throughout the southeast.
I love to catch the little Coosa bass...they are such a beautiful little fish. Supposedly we have the northernmost population of them here in Harlan County in the Martin's Fork of the Cumberland river.

Kelly admitted they had not built Hollingshead into the O system, who was a star down the stretch. Clearly athletic with a good shot. She never got enough minutes all season, was in a rotation of three with Striplin and Franklin. The other two are much too slow to be effective against the better competition. She played only 17 minutes yesterday, but dominated when in the game.

Confession is good for the soul and a career. It's the first step toward recovery. Got to get smarter at offense and player combinations. Hope she does.

Transfers should fill the gaps. Not ready yet to throw in the towel on the roster. There is some talent there although Horston and Jackson in particular will be badly missed. Horston is a bit too showboat for her own and the team's good at times.

There are several transfers in the rotation this year as was Hollingshead who came from UGA and as a McDonald's All American coming out of HS. At 6'5", she should dominate going forward and is just a sophomore. Powell has another COVID year if she wants it to run point. Darby has a year, two if she wants to use the COVID year. Puckett, Suarez, Miles, Wynn and Striplin are sophs. Pissott is a freshman. Fill in the gaps, get them in LV type shape, and see if she can run a legit O all season to get them ready at tourney time when it matters.

Me too….the specific environments the shoal bass live in are incredibly unique. Felt like I was trout fishing…but for bass lol. Really cool stuff.
Yeah the shoal and coosa bass have essentially filled that ecological niche in those southern Appalachian streams that are too warm/low elevation for brook trout but too cold and shallow for sturdy populations of largemouth and smallmouth. It's actually fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back