Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like TN is getting more raw talent.

With a massive Arena, top notch facilities, huge recruiting budget, tenured coach...etc its frustrating to see us trot out a team that is less talented than Alabama, Kentucky, or even MSU.

I realize Barnes lost a couple great recruiters. I understand Kensucky goes all in on 1 and done. I understand Barnes has his system. But, at some point you look around the room and ask 'is what we're doing making us better?'

One thing that sets Nick Saban apart, is the ability to adapt to new things. Implementing things outside of his comfort zone. I like Rick, but he got a massive raise and along with that comes bigger expectations.

There is no excuse for this program to take a back seat to Kentucky, Memphis, Florida, Missouri, Alabama. He created those expectations and was compensated well.

This fringe top 15 stuff wont cut the mustard iyam. At the end of the day, our team was slow. Couldnt find shots and would end up taking junk shots if a layup or three pointer werent open. Couldnt hit a FT to save its life.

They just werent very talented.
🤦‍♂️

Rick Barnes is the best recruiter in UT history. He is still recruiting at a high level. 3 top 65 players coming in, and a top 65 player redshirting on the bench. It’s quite apparent that winning teams usually take top 100 players and develop them for 2+ years. Maybe sprinkle a one and done and also add transfers that contribute.

The FT issues are just 3 players…just look at the percentages. All of our wings and guards except Mashack shoot really well.

Rick Barnes has beaten Kentucky more times than our last 7 coaches combined. Don’t understand why that’s an argument. Missouri is good because they took a bunch of veteran transfers who are good offensively but wait until they get into the NCAAT.

We will be ok.
He is intent on joining the Idiot Margin.

InkedScreenshot 2023-03-11 at 11-06-50 Lists created by @simonsearching _ Twitter.jpg

iu

That guy should never call a other game, and he deserves to get his face bashed in.

@volbeast33 bitches all the time about refs getting a raw deal...well buddy, this is why.
I respectfully disagree. He is a SEC caliber referee and I look forward to seeing him calling our games in the near future.

"It Just Means More"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back