Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuck. Team USA better wake up. I’m one of 5 Americans that knows about and really likes this tournament. This one is feeling like the ones prior to 2017, where Team USA is kind of sleep walking into it. They have the energy of a bunch of guys in their third week of spring training, while the other teams are playing with pride. They also should have spent more time recruiting pitchers.

Hard to get pitchers to commit to something like this with how conservative teams have become with arms these days. The staff is still stocked with a lot of great bullpen arms. No excuse to get beatdown my Mexico.

No excuse to get beatdown my Mexico.

I watched the first few innings (hate the late starts) and that crowd was very pro-Mexico. The US fans were largely treating it like an exhibition (with some exceptions) while the Mexican fans were screaming for our destruction.

I think delaying this tournament set USA back. They had this figured out by 2017, and that team played with urgency and humility from the opening bell. This one really does look like the old ones.

We will see how they fair against Canada and Colombia. They are probably wishing they’d laid the wood to Great Britain. Only beating a team that bad 6-2 was a big missed opportunity. I think the Tennessee Vols could put have put 20 on Great Britain.

Yuck. Team USA better wake up. I’m one of 5 Americans that knows about and really likes this tournament. This one is feeling like the ones prior to 2017, where Team USA is kind of sleep walking into it. They have the energy of a bunch of guys in their third week of spring training, while the other teams are playing with pride. They also should have spent more time recruiting pitchers.

The pitching is bad

Reactions: Revived2002
This is the first year that I think I have to pick against Tennessee to improve my chances of winning the bracket. It's not fun, but this basketball team peaked earlier and haven't played their best basketball in awhile.

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back