Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dollywood: None of the in-your-face political crap of Disney World.
true-its-true.gif

Reactions: volbeast33
My review as a Floridian

Dollywood:
Rides are better planned out. Stories need work. Blazing fury... What the hell? I was cracking up the whole time but the kids had no idea what was going on.
Food is better, more diverse but not very efficient to order. Need more snack carts. There might be more usually but wasn't alot yesterday which led to long lines
The cup for all day needs to be more efficient imo.
Lines are designed for a smaller crowd
Southern hospitality. Doesn't seem fake and I love that.

Disney:
Stories of the rides are better planned out
Food is bland but the organization is more modern
Lines are better planned out.
They are polite but its on the surface.
People are more stressed out here.
There are noticably more creepy adults at Disney. Always gave me the heebie jeebies.

Parking is the same for both. I'll add more later but gotta pack up.
All Hail Queen Dolly!

My review as a Floridian

Dollywood:
Rides are better planned out. Stories need work. Blazing fury... What the hell? I was cracking up the whole time but the kids had no idea what was going on.
Food is better, more diverse but not very efficient to order. Need more snack carts. There might be more usually but wasn't alot yesterday which led to long lines
The cup for all day needs to be more efficient imo.
Lines are designed for a smaller crowd
Southern hospitality. Doesn't seem fake and I love that.

Disney:
Stories of the rides are better planned out
Food is bland but the organization is more modern
Lines are better planned out.
They are polite but its on the surface.
People are more stressed out here.
There are noticably more creepy adults at Disney. Always gave me the heebie jeebies.

Parking is the same for both. I'll add more later but gotta pack up.
There did seem to be weirdos when we were at Disney too, now that I think about it.. I lost track of my kids at DollySplash for all of 45 seconds when they ran around like wild animals.. but if that would have happened at Disney, I would’ve had a stroke

There did seem to be weirdos when we were at Disney too, now that I think about it.. I lost track of my kids at DollySplash for all of 45 seconds when they ran around like wild animals.. but if that would have happened at Disney, I would’ve had a stroke

At Disney we lost our 5 year old for about 10 minutes. It was a sort of contained playground with multiple levels. He just ran off and we lost sight. It was very busy with kids running around everywhere. I posted up at the entrance/exit and my wife searched for him. Luckily she found him just playing with other kids. It can be scary considering the weirdos in this world.

At Disney we lost our 5 year old for about 10 minutes. It was a sort of contained playground with multiple levels. He just ran off and we lost sight. It was very busy with kids running around everywhere. I posted up at the entrance/exit and my wife searched for him. Luckily she found him just playing with other kids. It can be scary considering the weirdos in this world.
Oh my Goodness! Yeah, my twins were 3.. maybe 4 when they got out of my sight at DollySplash and they are almost 19 now.. it scared me to death.. they were older for Disneyworld, but I then had may radar on for weird people 😂 and of course, I saw plenty lol

Did you see the guys they DID pick? lol none of them ran faster 40s than Hyatt even though he didn't "run very fast" as you put it.

The two names we heard the most during the combine were Wright and Young, but neither were on the "all combine" team either. I watched the workouts so I know he had some drops, most of the WRs did.
I'm not trying to bag on him. I'm just saying he probably wasn't in the upper echelon of WRs in the combine. (That's the post I responded to; i.e. that he wasn't even an honorable mention.)

I'm not familiar with who they picked and don't care much one way or the other. I'm just saying that Hyatt was seen as basically a one trick pony. Turns out other ponies are better at that one trick. Maybe some of the WRs were OK at that trick and had sveral others as well.

Here's his breakdown:
Jalin Hyatt Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Strengths
  • Top-end speed creates tension for defensive coordinators.
  • Run game will see lighter boxes out of defense’s respect for his explosiveness.
  • Tears into cushions and rockets past off-man coverage.
  • Maintains spacing from physical coverage getting into the route.
  • Runs focused vertical routes at crisp angles.
  • Glides into acceleration mode at route stems to separate.
  • Gets pitch-and-catch opportunities underneath against off-man.
  • Finished second in FBS with 15 receiving touchdowns.
  • Willing and effective as a perimeter blocker.
Weaknesses
  • Scheme created a variety of free releases for him.
  • Route tree somewhat limited.
  • Lean frame, lacking in play strength.
  • Knocked off course when press punch finds him.
  • Lacks deception in his short and intermediate routes.
  • Unsuccessful holding ground when catch is contested.

Fast guy with fewer route options who's slender and more easily bullied out of his breaks.

Also, it turns out that several guys were faster. So, he's a relatively fast, slender, weak WR who's shown less aptitude for many of the routes?

Ya'll want him listed as the best in the class, or are we OK recognizing why he was passed over for accolades?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I'm not trying to bag on him. I'm just saying he probably wasn't in the upper echelon of WRs in the combine. (That's the post I responded to; i.e. that he wasn't even an honorable mention.)

I'm not familiar with who they picked and don't care much one way or the other. I'm just saying that Hyatt was seen as basically a one trick pony. Turns out other ponies are better at that one trick. Maybe some of the WRs were OK at that trick and had sveral others as well.

Here's his breakdown:
Jalin Hyatt Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Fast guys with fewer route options who's slender and more easily bullied out of his breaks.

Also, it turns out that several guys were faster. So, he's a relatively fast, slender, weak WR who's shown less aptitude for many of the routes?

Ya'll want him listed as the best in the class, or are we OK recognizing why he was passed over for accolades?

Listen...

This part is the issue, you're arguing a point that makes ZERO sense as I pointed out already the other picks weren't even faster than Hyatt.

And NFL.com (the same idiots that named the all-combine team) named him the best WR at the combine not us.

1678982947138.png

1678982969158.png

Listen...

This part is the issue, you're arguing a point that makes ZERO sense as I pointed out already the other picks weren't even faster than Hyatt.

And NFL.com (the same idiots that named the all-combine team) named him the best WR at the combine not us.

View attachment 541141

View attachment 541142
I agree with you @MoCo_Vol His 40 time may not have been as good as HE wanted but Hyatt has ELITE top end speed (the 40 doesn't always accurately measure that since part of it is based on technique). He showed time and time again against other fast players as he continued to run away from defenses. He did incredibly well at the combine.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Listen...

You apparently didn't get the point I was arguing, as you stopped bolding too soon. The point I was making was:

I'm not familiar with who they picked and don't care much one way or the other. I'm just saying that Hyatt was seen as basically a one trick pony. Turns out other ponies are better at that one trick.
Maybe some of the WRs were OK at that trick and had sveral others as well.

Last edited:
I agree with you @MoCo_Vol His 40 time may not have been as good as HE wanted but Hyatt has ELITE top end speed (the 40 doesn't always accurately measure that since part of it is based on technique). He showed time and time again against other fast players as he continued to run away from defenses. He did incredibly well at the combine.
My point seems to have been missed. It wasn't to compare his speed with everyone. It was considering what the total package may have been.

You may like a funny car dragster, until you want to drive it on the street. Then you want control, handling, speed, etc...

The point was that Jalen was built up based on speed. His hits are elsewhere. It sounds like some people at ESPN (which isn't a person with a unified opinion) felt other WRs were fuller packages than Jalen. To get all butt-hurt about that as if Jalen is the clear, indisputable best in the class is ridiculous. It just also happens to play up to our VN victim-wronged-underdog mentality.

My point seems to have been missed. It wasn't to compare his speed with everyone. It was considering what the total package may have been.

You may like a funny car dragster, until you want to drive it on the street. Then you want control, handling, speed, etc...

The point was that Jalen was built up based on speed. His hits are elsewhere. It sounds like some people at ESPN (which isn't a person with a unified opinion) felt other WRs were fuller packages than Jalen. To get all butt-hurt about that as if Jalen is the clear, indisputable best in the class is ridiculous. It just also happens to play up to our VN victim-wronged-underdog mentality.
ESPN hates us. Please turn in your Vol card at the exit. Buh-bye, now.

I truly believe the Vols and Lady Vols got favorable brackets and can both make a good run!!! I said early on this was at max a sweet 16 men’s team but with the bracket they have they may go deeper.

THE NFL.COM ALL COMBINE TEAM...

ESPN isn't even involved other than airing it.

I'm not saying Hyatt is the total package, but I watched the combine and the media buzz around the WRs was very focused on Jalin. He then showed out, his vertical and his broad jump and even his "not very fast" 40 were all raved about. They picked 10 WRs ahead of him for the all combine team, and that's just ridiculous which was my only point. I mean Jake Bobo didn't do a SINGLE DRILL at the combine, but was honorable mention. :rolleyes:

You yourself said you didn't even know most the guys they picked ahead of him, so I'm confused what you're trying to say. Do you not think Jalin Hyatt was the best WR at the combine?

Jalin Hyatt wasn't even an honorable mention for the All Combine team.
Anything to snub Tennessee. We're back fellas!
They picked:
Jaxon Smith-Njigba (Ohio State) - didn't even run the 40
Josh Downs (UNC) - is 5'9" and 171lbs and still slower than Hyatt at 4.48
Tank Dell (Houston) - even smaller than Downs at 5'8" and 165lbs and was slower still at 4.49

Honorable Mentions: Zay Flowers (Boston College), Charlie Jones (Purdue), Andrei Iosivas (Princeton), Jake Bobo (UCLA), Demario Douglas (Liberty), Ronnie Bell (Michigan), Quentin Johnson (TCU)

It's like they just picked random guys...

THE NFL.COM ALL COMBINE TEAM...

ESPN isn't even involved other than airing it.

I'm not saying Hyatt is the total package, but I watched the combine and the media buzz around the WRs was very focused on Jalin. He then showed out, his vertical and his broad jump and even his "not very fast" 40 were all raved about. They picked 10 WRs ahead of him for the all combine team, and that's just ridiculous which was my only point. I mean Jake Bobo didn't do a SINGLE DRILL at the combine, but was honorable mention. :rolleyes:

You yourself said you didn't even know most the guys they picked ahead of him, so I'm confused what you're trying to say. Do you not think Jalin Hyatt was the best WR at the combine?
I'm saying that I understand why someone would have a different opinion than Hyatt's fans on VN, after Hyatt showed his expected strength as not as strong. Per my analogy, I don't really need to test drive every performance street car to take Road and Track at their word that the 8th fastest funny car wasn't the year's best performance sedan.

The author of the all-combine team seems to confirm that he was weighting the position on full package. He actually stated that he was weighing other factors above straight line speed.

Best team fits: Atlanta Falcons, Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens.

Smith-Njigba's excellent combine performance won't come as a surprise to anyone who followed his career at Ohio State: He was clean, controlled and smooth throughout all of the drills at Lucas Oil Stadium, running crisp routes and making many of his catches look routine. When he was paired with his former Buckeye teammate, C.J. Stroud, on a rep, the duo made things look elementary. More impressive, though: When the other quarterbacks threw to him, nothing changed. Smith-Njigba is quicker than fast -- he posted the best 20-yard shuttle time of any receiver since 2014 -- which will get him open plenty at the next level. He leaves Indianapolis just as he arrived -- as one of the top talents at the position.

Best team fits: Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons.

Downs is a pro-ready receiver who's going to make one NFL team real happy in the near future. The North Carolina product was masterful in his drills Saturday, handling every route and catch with ease, as if this was his 100th combine. While Downs' speed might not melt a stopwatch (4.48 40), his natural skills and polished footwork should allow him to make an immediate impact in Year 1.

n
Best team fits: Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Cleveland Browns.

Local favorite Charlie Jones impressed me a lot, but I'm going with Dell because of how noticeably different he looked from the other receivers during Saturday's drills. Although Dell's 40 time wasn't all that impressive considering his weight (4.49 at 165 pounds), his routes were outrageously crisp; no receiver in this group ran as sharply as Dell, who is a nightmare at the top of his stem because he can go in any direction without tipping off defenders. When he lined up to run a whip, he delivered just as expected: a precise route with zero wasted steps. Dell has water bug-like agility that should make him difficult to cover out of the slot in the NFL. The only disappointing part of Dell's appearance in Indy: He didn't participate in the agility drills, likely saving them for his pro day. But I've already seen enough to expect him to have a very productive pro career.

Your original quote was stating that it was like they'd picked random guys. It doesn't sound like it. It sounds like they were projecting functional impact above straight line speed and the fact that he was a Vol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back