Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon all. Got a couple of days off from my second job. It's amazing how well you react to working 65 to 70 hours a week once your body and mind get used to it. I haven't had much time to post.

Things have been eventful on our rescue farm. We have welcomed 4 new goat kids. I've got an older girl we fear may have cancer but are giving antibiotic to see if we can get her wound to heal.

Please, please please continue to keep us in your prayers, we need all the prayers we can get right now. My wife still hasn't been able to find work, everyone in her field is laying off. She's applying for everything right now. Staying positive!
Update on our old girl Bertha who may have a cancerous wound on her private area. It looks like it is drying up and healing over. Vet says cancer is likely but with her age isn't unexpected. As long as she doesnt appear to be in pain and discomfort we are going to let her heal and live her life. Her daughter recently kidded and we think she misses her too (we keep mom and babies in birthing stalls away from herd). We plan on putting the extended family together in the next week after the colder weather passes.

We had a scare this afternoon. Our oldest horse Charlotte was down for a while. Suspect colic. We have given her some meds and pro biotics in an attempt get her healthy again. We are concerned with her being a geriatric horse she may not be strong enough to pull through. She was up and down this afternoon through early evening but has stayed up so far tonight.

Going to be a long night but when we started this journey we made commitments and promises to be there and do all we can...... So we are.

Please say a little prayer for Charlotte tonight and keep our family specifically my wife in her job search and our little farm in your prayers as well!

Last edited:
Florida’s football and men’s basketball teams finished with sub-.500 records in the same season for the first time since 1979.
giphy.gif

Does that mean Jeremy Banks is a good linebacker?

Because he’s not.
Two year starter so the coaches agree with my disagreement with you. 😎 What it MEANS is he was invited to the Combine as a LINEBACKER and killed it in all the measurables. Most of us know the issues this season. I think it’s clouded your honesty in judging him as a player.

Two year starter so the coaches agree with my disagreement with you. 😎 What it MEANS is he was invited to the Combine as a LINEBACKER and killed it in all the measurables. Most of us know the issues this season. I think it’s clouded your honesty in judging him as a player.
Jeremy Banks tabbed to NFL.com’s ‘All-Combine Team’

Only Tennessee player to make the all combine team….. pretty impressive showing for Banks.

Dodgers renew Andrew Toles' contract so he can have health insurance for mental health services: Report

Pretty cool story…. Former Vol Andrew Toles was having mental health issues, homeless, and was arrested…. The Dodgers signed him for 700,000 dollars to help him financially and so he can have access to the medical treatment that he needs.
That was kind of them.

Sadly, many sports, baseball and football specifically dont do a good enough job of taking care of its own.

Got back from Dollywood about an hour ago. What an experience.

Welcome to our county, bud. Dolly has been pretty incredible, and a fine human being as well.

We live here, but even do short staycations on their property at Dreammore in the winter. Will stay in her new HeartSong Lodge next winter as it opens this fall. There are three more like them of the same size on the drawing board after that with the land already purchased and financing committed. Kids and grandkids have season passes to the park every year, friends and family work there, etc.

Enjoy!

Welcome to our county, bud. Dolly has been pretty incredible, and a fine human being as well.

We live here, but even do short staycations on their property at Dreammore in the winter. Will stay in her new HeartSong Lodge next winter as it opens this fall. There are three more like them of the same size on the drawing board after that with the land already purchased and financing committed. Kids and grandkids have season passes to the park every year, friends and family work there, etc.

Enjoy!
If asked my opinion, i'd rather go to Dollywood 10/10 times all day, everyday, and then on Sunday versus Orlando. Period.

Makes zero sense

College football and college basketball don't function the same.

Rick Barnes has a final four under his belt at Texas.

He set a new standard at Texas which is a football school.

He is setting a new standard at another football school here where delusional fans think that Tennessee basketball should expect final fours and national titles every year.

It would make more sense if he was the coach at some blue blood type of program that could never get over the hump and make a final four or win a title.

Making a final four at certain schools is practically the same as a national title especially when you do it at a place that has never done that before. And Rick did that at Texas.

A FF would be legendary but I’m more referring to surviving the first weekend. We’ve had the talent to do so more often, but seem to struggle anyway.

Reactions: Govolsman98
Sometimes one simply has to admit truths and here is my confession: I love sports

With that AA-ish confession out of the way, there are some sports days that just mean more:

-A game seven of the World Series
-Super Bowl Sunday
-The Final Four
-The Daytona 500
-New Years Day Bowl Games
-Breakfast at Wimbeldon
-The back nine on Sunday of The Masters
-Opening ceremonies of The Olympics
-The Third Saturday in October
-The College World Series final series
-The Kentucky Derby
-First Thursday and Friday of March Madness

Today marks one of sports' high holidays.

Call in "well" with me, fellas. As in, "Mr. boss man, I simply feel too well today to work."

Hallelujah!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back