Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So random funny story my kid just told me...She comes in from school and says "Hey dad I can't be friends with Nova anymore"!So o course I'm like "Well whats going on"?She seemed frustrated and upset she says "So Nova and her family are going to Alabama and I just don't know how anyone would wanna go to that crap state does she not realize where Vol fans"..At this point I'm rolling like Whoa whoa I love that she's a diehard 8 year old little girl who's a Vfl..

I had to explain to her that it wasn't Nova decision and that her parents will do what they like.I also don't believe u should stop talking to someone over visiting a state it isn't that serious Vol Fandom or not.I can't lie though inside I'm laughing hysterically cause she was legit upset,she can not stand anything Alabama related I love that kid...

At Disney we lost our 5 year old for about 10 minutes. It was a sort of contained playground with multiple levels. He just ran off and we lost sight. It was very busy with kids running around everywhere. I posted up at the entrance/exit and my wife searched for him. Luckily she found him just playing with other kids. It can be scary considering the weirdos in this world.

Was it at Animal Kingdom? Happened to us with our 6 year old. He had gone up several levels and crossed a bridge and was in a totally different area that we didn't realize was part of the playground just having a big time digging "fossils". Was NOT a good feeling!

I'm saying that I understand why someone would have a different opinion than Hyatt's fans on VN, after Hyatt showed his expected strength as not as strong. Per my analogy, I don't really need to test drive every performance street car to take Road and Track at their word that the 8th fastest funny car wasn't the year's best performance sedan.

The author of the all-combine team seems to confirm that he was weighting the position on full package. He actually stated that he was weighing other factors above straight line speed.

Your original quote was like it was like they'd picked random guys. It doesn't sound like it.

Jake Bobo didn't do any of the workouts or drills at the combine = random guy picked.

I have issues with the idiot that wrote the article and picked 10 WRs for an "all combine" team ahead of the guy that was the highest graded WR and the highest scoring one there.

If you don't think Hyatt's the best WR in the draft or a "total package" WR then just say that.

Was it at Animal Kingdom? Happened to us with our 6 year old. He had gone up several levels and crossed a bridge and was in a totally different area that we didn't realize was part of the playground just having a big time digging "fossils". Was NOT a good feeling!

Haha, yes, I believe so.

Reactions: KptVFL
Jake Bobo didn't do any of the workouts or drills at the combine = random guy picked.

I have issues with the idiot that wrote picked 10 WRs for an "all combine" team ahead of the guy that was the highest graded WR and the highest scoring one there.

If you don't think Hyatt's the best WR in the draft or a "total package" WR then just say that.
When it comes to NFL impact, I suspect he's not. You act as though I should be ashamed of that opinion.

And you have every right to your issues. I would never think to rob you of them.

Guy. I enjoyed it. But it didn't make much sense. Lol

When I was a kid Blazing Fury was one of the best rides they had. We rode it over and over, but it doesn’t tell the story very well. Dollywood has come a long way since then but they keep that ride going for some reason.

When it comes to NFL impact, I suspect he's not. You act as though I should be ashamed of that opinion.

And you have every right to your issues. I would never think to rob you of them.

I don't care honestly. I'm not even saying Jalin Hyatt is the best WR or the total package in the draft, what I am saying though is there weren't 10 WRs better than him at the combine no matter what ******** metrics the author of that article tries to use to justify it.

Listen...

This part is the issue, you're arguing a point that makes ZERO sense as I pointed out already the other picks weren't even faster than Hyatt.

And NFL.com (the same idiots that named the all-combine team) named him the best WR at the combine not us.

View attachment 541141

View attachment 541142
I don’t think it is ranking the top wrs…. It’s ranking guys that helped themselves or hurt themselves by what they did at the combine….Hyatt hurt himself slightly by not running as fast as projected…. He also had some drops… may have struggled in other areas but I’m not sure.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I don’t think it is ranking the top wrs…. It’s ranking guys that helped themselves or hurt themselves by what they did at the combine….Hyatt hurt himself slightly by not running as fast as projected…. He also had some drops… may have struggled in other areas but I’m not sure.

How did Jake Bobo, who didn't do a single drill help himself at the combine?

I agree though I think the guy was just picking guys he thought improved their draft stock or got noticed. But even then other than a few drops and not running a faster 40 I'm still not sure how Hyatt hurt his stock. Most articles I read during and since are all very positive about Hyatt. No one has said he's the best WR in the draft, but none came away from the combine stating he hurt his stock.

Yeah, it's almost as bad as taking the weapon used to commit, as well as being present at, a murder.
They aren't mutually exclusive, that's for sure.

No excuse for death threats. Even moreso to a person not even charged or guilty of a crime.

It's meta-ironic, really. Committing a crime against someone that has not been charged with a crime...yeah that's the way to show 'em! 😵‍💫

How did Jake Bobo, who didn't do a single drill help himself at the combine?

I agree though I think the guy was just picking guys he thought improved their draft stock or got noticed. But even then other than a few drops and not running a faster 40 I'm still not sure how Hyatt hurt his stock. Most articles I read during and since are all very positive about Hyatt. No one has said he's the best WR in the draft, but none came away from the combine stating he hurt his stock.
Yeah they have….. he had a chance to be a mid first round pick…. His main strength is how fast he is….. he came in expecting a 4.3 range…. I still think he will be taken late first/ early 2nd but he didn’t help himself….

Jake Bobo measured better than they expected… he has above average height, hands and atm length… None of that stuff will matter after draft day and it doesn’t guarantee that either player will or won’t be drafted lower/higher than expected.

Listen...

This part is the issue, you're arguing a point that makes ZERO sense as I pointed out already the other picks weren't even faster than Hyatt.

And NFL.com (the same idiots that named the all-combine team) named him the best WR at the combine not us.

View attachment 541141

View attachment 541142
Those aren't combine scores. They are prospect grades.

Why Jalen Carter is #1 according to their scores. But he didn't even participate in the combine. You can also read the NFL NextGen scores, they are about a bunch of things. It's just saying he is #1 amongst all combine participants, not #1 in some combine-only grade.

Screenshot_20230316_133514.jpgScreenshot_20230316_133446.jpg

Yeah they have….. he had a chance to be a mid first round pick…. His main strength is how fast he is….. he came in expecting a 4.3 range…. I still think he will be taken late first/ early 2nd but he didn’t help himself….

Jake Bobo measured better than they expected… he has above average height, hands and atm length… None of that stuff will matter after draft day and it doesn’t guarantee that either player will or won’t be drafted lower/higher than expected.
A bit of reading also seems to indicate that Bobo interviewed well enough that the Rams are giving him a serious look. Coming in with poor stock may be more of an edge up in the "improved stock" category than coming in with massive expectations.

Reactions: volbeast33

I mean I guess I'm just crazy thinking an "all-combine" team would have arguably one of the best performers on it.

I mean the other positions he picked the regular names from the teams you would expect. Even had Henry T for one of his 3 LBs. So it seemed odd that the WR group was missing both Hyatt AND Tillman.

I think the big thing is NFL scouts/analyst think Heupel's offense just makes it easy and our QBs/WRs will always get scrutinized more because of it.

A bit of reading also seems to indicate that Bobo interviewed well enough that the Rams are giving him a serious look. Coming in with poor stock may be more of an edge up in the "improved stock" category than coming in with massive expectations.
That’s the key…. Banks had lower expectations and did exceptionally well… Hyatt did fine but lower than his expectations.

Those aren't combine scores. They are prospect grades.

Why Jalen Carter is #1 according to their scores. But he didn't even participate in the combine. You can also read the NFL NextGen scores, they are about a bunch of things. It's just saying he is #1 amongst all combine participants, not #1 in some combine-only grade.

View attachment 541162View attachment 541163

I said they were NFL.com scores, which they are.

I mean I guess I'm just crazy thinking an "all-combine" team would have arguably one of the best performers on it.

I mean the other positions he picked the regular names from the teams you would expect. Even had Henry T for one of his 3lbs. So it seemed odd that the WR group was missing both Hyatt AND Tillman.

I think the big thing is NFL scouts/analyst think Heupel's offense just makes it easy and our QBs/WRs will always get scrutinized more because of it.
That is something they will have to fight against…. It is why we need Hyatt, Tillman, and Hooker to be successful…We have a limited route tree….. Don’t make our QBs throw into tight windows or read a defense. It is a big difference when they go to the NFL.

Dodgers renew Andrew Toles' contract so he can have health insurance for mental health services: Report

Pretty cool story…. Former Vol Andrew Toles was having mental health issues, homeless, and was arrested…. The Dodgers signed him for 700,000 dollars to help him financially and so he can have access to the medical treatment that he needs.
Similar to what Mark Cuban did for former Mavs player Delonte West, minus the singing him to a contract. Cuban just used his own money and resources to care for him when he was homeless and having drug issues.

Last edited:
Ron-Howard-2009.jpg

Reactions: you
My review as a Floridian

Dollywood:
Rides are better planned out. Stories need work. Blazing fury... What the hell? I was cracking up the whole time but the kids had no idea what was going on.
Food is better, more diverse but not very efficient to order. Need more snack carts. There might be more usually but wasn't alot yesterday which led to long lines
The cup for all day needs to be more efficient imo.
Lines are designed for a smaller crowd
Southern hospitality. Doesn't seem fake and I love that.

Disney:
Stories of the rides are better planned out
Food is bland but the organization is more modern
Lines are better planned out.
They are polite but its on the surface.
People are more stressed out here.
There are noticably more creepy adults at Disney. Always gave me the heebie jeebies.

Parking is the same for both. I'll add more later but gotta pack up.

Blazing Fury is a pre-Dollywood relic that must never ever change. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back