Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a punt pass kick with a bunch of has beens last year. An almost 50 year old, whose name you would know, threw it 50 yards. There wasn't a lot of velocity on it but it just hung and floated down. Guys with technique and mechanics never lose it.
Now you got me wanting to try and rainbow a 50 yarder. 😂

We have a great staff that appears to know how to develop players but most of our fans want immediate NFL talent and don't have time for development.

I hope they can develop players. Too early to say definitively if they can truly develop a freshman, that may or may not be a project type player, over 3/4 years. They almost certainly have shown that they know how to get the absolute most of out players. I don't want to just blindly trust a coach, that didn't go well for the last 3 (not that us griping over recruits would do much good), but Heupel has earned my trust for at least 2 years. Heupel was so good that no one hardly even cares that we beat Florida and that's been the game you point to and say it was a good/bad year over the last 10 years depending on the result.

If you cannot appreciate the roster, or lack thereof, he inherited then I really can’t help you. It has absolutely nothing to do with where Tennessee belongs but where Tennessee was. Sports analyst were arguing if we could possibly win 4 games last year!
When did I say I don't appreciate it?

I'm just saying he didn't work a "miracle"

What he did was not a miracle.

I am very much aware of the mess he took over, but it did not take a MIRACLE to bring Tennessee back to being the top 10 program that they had been for literally 100 years.

It's literally not a slight at all to Josh, but he already had talent here, he was gifted with the transfer portal and as many resources as any program in America.

He's done a great job. He's an incredible coach, but we weren't so down we needed a miracle. We did not need intervention from God to be back where we belong.

Reactions: TheMagnificantOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back