Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the OL, could the other of Mincey and Crawford not move over to RT? I know they are not the same, but if you can play LT then you should be able to play servicably at RT.

Would you rather protect your QB’s blindside? Keep a fresh LT all game? I’m going to say yes…

There will be plenty of options for RT. DW did much, much better at RT than at LT. jmo

Would you rather protect your QB’s blindside? Keep a fresh LT all game? I’m going to say yes…

There will be plenty of options for RT. DW did much, much better at RT than at LT. jmo
Lt is all about feet. DW is a great right tackle but doesn’t have the footwork/mobility to be a great LT . Is it freezing in Texas today Doc?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Look at what making the right hire at AD and HC have done to Vol football.

We were where UF and UK currently are just a little over two years ago. We had essentially been there for 15 years. Scrambling around trying to cobble something together to have a decent team to get to a bowl.

Now we have the #1 offense in CFB with All Americans and high draft picks emerging. Our future star QB along with 13 or so other EE's have already been practicing.

Signing Day is fun again because there are no questions about talent and character. The guys that sign are committed to excellence as people and players.

What a difference doing things right makes.

Enjoy the day fellow Vol fans.

I think of the difference between 70 and 0, between “comfortably mild” and “so cold it makes your teeth ache,” and I just find it difficult to imagine another 70 degree gap downward.
I have a friend that lives in Montana. I believe he was former special forces in Israel but he doesn't talk about it. Best fit man in their 70's that I have ever met. His business is intelligence. He hunts by himself and has 10 freezers in his basement packed full of deer, bison, elk, trout, and moose. Sends me jerky every year for Christmas. I bet he saw the weather this morning and decided it's a great day to have a cup of coffee on the porch shirtless and shoeless. That man is amazing.

Or maybe the portal is about who you take? Hendon Hooker came from the portal. Bru McCoy = portal. Velus Jones was portal. We've had plenty of portal successes, Doc. At least on offense. Maybe we have a problem identifying that same kind of talent on defense? Though Dajon Terry has worked out on the DL. So maybe the failure to identify that defensive talent from the portal that would make us better falls on Banks?

Take a look around college football, Doc, and you will see plenty of portal success stories.

You make some very good points. I still think that recruiting and development are more important. These coaches are bringing in a really good class with 2 legitimate 5 star players. Not to mention all the quality 4 and 3 star players. As they show their ability to coach up the players, recruiting will continue to improve.

I’m not against the portal. But I trust our coaches to find the right players… that’s probably where we differ the most. You want the portal stars…I want the right fits. 🤔

The QB flipping is definitely the Baylor QB going to Oregon. It's all over both of their boards and Twitter.

Ari made it sound like it was gonna be blockbuster but it's pretty big for those schools.
But Bo Nix is also returning? Don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back