Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Bama baseball is in trouble for the coach/staff letting the boosters know the gameplan ahead of time (so they can bet). I know that people in the football program tell the boosters whether or not they intend to completely destroy a cupcake opponent or take it easy. Seems significant.
The coach has recently been sued and accused of forcing an injured player to pitch and damaging pitchers career

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Top sports movies

The program
Bull Durham
Rudy
Rocky
Tin Cup
The miracle
Mighty Ducks
White men cant jump
Money ball
The natural
Field of dreams
Varsity Blues
Hoosiers
A league of their own
Major league
Rocky 3
Days of Thunder

what did I miss ?
Brian's Song, Bang the Drum Slowly, For the Love of the Game, a whole lot more I can't think of right now

this is where fiction and reality are blurred.

The Cowboys, were really just a loosely based gang of locals, Curly Bill, Ike, Billy, Laury Brothers, Ringo were real folks. They were horse rustlers, terrorists who predated on fear. But lived and worked in community and were wel known, and revered. To me the most realistic portrayal was the scene where Curly Bill throws up money buying everyone a drink.

I dont know about the time after the OK Corral but i do think that the gunfight was very accurate in the movie. i know it was well researched. Off top of my head. I recall reading something about Wyatt going before Judge Spicer, in reviewing eye witness accounts many thought the killings were pre medidated. Spicer indicated had Wyatt not taken an oath to be deputized preceding, or killed and unarmed Ike Clanton the outcome would hace been much different.

The Clantons were very popular in the town. And its my belief after the gun fight the brothers left that area. I do believe that wyatt and josephine went on to be married.
Doc Holiday was actually shot and wounded at the OK. Didn't show that in the movie.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back