Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed Films
Baseball: Major League, A League of Their Own, The Sandlot, Bad News Bears (original), 42, Eight Men Out, The Rookie
Football: Remember the Titans, Friday Night Lights, Necessary Roughness, Wildcats, The Waterboy, Little Giants, The Longest Yard (original), Brian's Song, Jerry Maguire
Basketball: Blue Chips, He Got Game, Hoosiers, Space Jam, Above the Rim, Hoop Dreams, Celtic Pride
Hockey: Mystery Alaska
Golf: Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack, The Greatest Game Ever Played
Fighting/Boxing/MMA: Warrior, Raging Bull, Southpaw, Cinderella Man, The Fighter, Best of the Best, The Hurricane

From all that goop I would elevate

Friday Night Lights
Eight Men Out
Warrior
Raging Bull (Transcends sports and is just one of the greatest movies, period.)

From all that goop I would elevate

Friday Night Lights
Eight Men Out
Warrior
Raging Bull (Transcends sports and is just one of the greatest movies, period.)

Keep coming at me Newt and I'll be right over to your building! :mad:

I'd also say Hoosiers has to be in any top basketball movie list, can be argued it's not the best basketball movie...but having it outside a top 5 would be criminal.

Reactions: bignewt
Top sports movies

The program
Bull Durham
Rudy
Rocky
Tin Cup
The miracle
Mighty Ducks
White men cant jump
Money ball
The natural
Field of dreams
Varsity Blues
Hoosiers
A league of their own
Major league
Rocky 3
Days of Thunder

what did I miss ?
Recently had a debate with my fourth grader. Who would win in a fight. Rocky versus Rambo. He was pro Rocky and I was pro Rambo.

After a few minutes. He smirked. "Dad, I think you're going to have to let me watch Rambo to settle the debate."

"Touche. Touche."

Recently had a debate with my fourth grader. Who would win in a fight. Rocky versus Rambo. He was pro Rocky and I was pro Rambo.

After a few minutes. He smirked. "Dad, I think you're going to have to let me watch Rambo to settle the debate."

"Touche. Touche."

He's right on that one I think... big fan of both, but Rocky is just a different level of movie and really allowed Stallone to survive on some of his other terrible films (although I love all the over the top action films he did)

Also, saw Sisu Tuesday with a buddy and it's basically a throwback to those old school action films. Story was total crap, acting overall was average but man did they nail the extreme "oh s**t" moments so well. Fun movie, won't make any nominations list but kind of cool to see something like that get a theater run.

Don't bother if you're not at least amused by films like Violent Night or Cocaine Bear.

View attachment 549860 always find this kinda funny and ironic. Now that Tennessee has Heupel

dumb-and-dumber-threw-up-in-my-mouth.gif

Best 80’s cartoons

The Smurfs
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
The Care Bears
Inspector Gadget
Duck Tales
Admittedly some of these are not truly "80's" cartoons, but that's when I watched them, and are my favorites:

Flintstones
He-Man
Tom & Jerry
Pink Panther
The Ant & The Aardvark
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Inspector Gadget
Looney Tunes

There was also one that had lots of the superheroes in it...the lasting impression I have from the cartoon was that there was a narrator who would comment when scenes were changing and he often would say, "Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice". Whatever that one was, I watched it a lot.

Admittedly some of these are not truly "80's" cartoons, but that's when I watched them, and are my favorites:

Flintstones
He-Man
Tom & Jerry
Pink Panther
The Ant & The Aardvark
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Inspector Gadget
Looney Tunes

There was also one that had lots of the superheroes in it...the lasting impression I have from the cartoon was that there was a narrator who would comment when scenes were changing and he often would say, "Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice". Whatever that one was, I watched it a lot.
Superfriends VS Legion of Doom Challenge. It was awesome for us comic book nerds! The voice was Ted Cassidy, popularly known when he played Lurch on the Addams Family. He also narrated the voiceover on the Incredible Hulk TV series.

Missed Films
Baseball: Major League, A League of Their Own, The Sandlot, Bad News Bears (original), 42, Eight Men Out, The Rookie
Football: Remember the Titans, Friday Night Lights, Necessary Roughness, Wildcats, The Waterboy, Little Giants, The Longest Yard (original), Brian's Song, Jerry Maguire
Basketball: Blue Chips, He Got Game, Hoosiers, Space Jam, Above the Rim, Hoop Dreams, Celtic Pride
Hockey: Mystery Alaska
Golf: Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack, The Greatest Game Ever Played
Fighting/Boxing/MMA: Warrior, Raging Bull, Southpaw, Cinderella Man, The Fighter, Best of the Best, The Hurricane
Yes!!!! I am nodding my head as I read. So many great sports movies.

Because Wyatt was the reason they were all in Tombstone...thus he was responsible in their eyes...like Virgil told him.."You got us involved when you brought us here" after Wyatt said "I told you we were not going to get involved"..with their sense of right and wrong they could not just stand by and watch the horrible things happening in that lawless place, and Wyatt knew that was who they were, and what kind of place he was bringing them to.
this is where fiction and reality are blurred.

The Cowboys, were really just a loosely based gang of locals, Curly Bill, Ike, Billy, Laury Brothers, Ringo were real folks. They were horse rustlers, terrorists who predated on fear. But lived and worked in community and were wel known, and revered. To me the most realistic portrayal was the scene where Curly Bill throws up money buying everyone a drink.

I dont know about the time after the OK Corral but i do think that the gunfight was very accurate in the movie. i know it was well researched. Off top of my head. I recall reading something about Wyatt going before Judge Spicer, in reviewing eye witness accounts many thought the killings were pre medidated. Spicer indicated had Wyatt not taken an oath to be deputized preceding, or killed and unarmed Ike Clanton the outcome would hace been much different.

The Clantons were very popular in the town. And its my belief after the gun fight the brothers left that area. I do believe that wyatt and josephine went on to be married.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
You know the one thing that's always bothered me about Tombstone...

Wyatt never wanted to be law in Tombstone; he wanted to stay out of it, and wanted his brothers to, as well...his brothers were the ones who were first deputized. Wyatt wanted nothing to do with it, he only wanted to make that money. The arrest, the shootout at OK...Wyatt was only backing up his brothers.

Then, and this is what's always bugged me...whenever Morgan is killed and Virgil wounded, for something they got involved in, without Wyatt...yet, EVERYONE is pissed at Wyatt, including Virgil. What the hell??

Classic movie, nonetheless.
It's one of those I watch any time it's on

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back