Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's right on that one I think... big fan of both, but Rocky is just a different level of movie and really allowed Stallone to survive on some of his other terrible films (although I love all the over the top action films he did)

Also, saw Sisu Tuesday with a buddy and it's basically a throwback to those old school action films. Story was total crap, acting overall was average but man did they nail the extreme "oh s**t" moments so well. Fun movie, won't make any nominations list but kind of cool to see something like that get a theater run.

Don't bother if you're not at least amused by films like Violent Night or Cocaine Bear.
I'll put it on my list for sure! Love a good just sit and watch and be entertained flic. Haven't seen cocaine bear yet but want too.

Also cinematically I'd agree Rocky movies are superior but we were talking about who would win in a fight. Rocky or Rambo. Ha! Still going with Rocky?

Top sports movies

The program
Bull Durham
Rudy
Rocky
Tin Cup
The miracle
Mighty Ducks
White men cant jump
Money ball
The natural
Field of dreams
Varsity Blues
Hoosiers
A league of their own
Major league
Rocky 3
Days of Thunder

what did I miss ?
Remember the Titans

Sitting here listening to Dixieland Delight and wondering how those bumpkins from U of Alabama ever thought that could be their song. Literally belching out about Tennessee after their wins 😅

SDE
That song will be intertwined with that game in my mind for the rest of my life.

The national guys, across most networks, just refuse to give our program their props. They cling to their impressions, however obsolete -- Joe can throw it a mile but isn't accurate, the defense is terrible so we shouldn't be taken seriously, 2022 was a flash in the pan because of this player or that coach and the rug will get pulled out from under us.

We'll just have to win win win win win and rub their faces in it until they realize that we're for real.

How long did it take Clemson to overcome "Clemsoning"?
Maybe not there yet, but I don't see #16 as bad. Maybe a bit low, but not wild.

I've seen us as high as #8 and FB posts going nuts that we're disrespected lol. I don't get that.

We'll have to do it more than just once to regain our good name. Some will see our near-Heisman and 1st ever Biletnikoff on the way out. But yet still see what Heupel is doing and thus land in the middle.

Jmo but having us anywhere from top 10 to top 20 is just fine. And honestly I like this team with a chip on its shoulder. Don't mind the idea of people doubting JM...that brings us full circle to where HH...Hyatt...and a host of others were..

That song will be intertwined with that game in my mind for the rest of my life.
1000%

Was also reminiscing on that night. And the LSU night. And UK night. Each time I decided to go out and was met with randos talking about UT football that, any other night, gave zero flips about UT football. We made a lot of fans last Fall. And damn if it wasn't fun 🥳

How much did Saban instruct his boosters to pay Bama's baseball coach to take a fall and take heat off himself and Oates?

I've seen zero stories putting this in the context of all the out of control things happening at Bama in football and basketball. This new instance of standard and rampant Bama criminality is being camouflaged as one of those "unexpectedly" events.

Last edited:
Top sports movies

The program
Bull Durham
Rudy
Rocky
Tin Cup
The miracle
Mighty Ducks
White men cant jump
Money ball
The natural
Field of dreams
Varsity Blues
Hoosiers
A league of their own
Major league
Rocky 3
Days of Thunder

what did I miss ?

Eight Men Out
He Got Game?
Draft Day (so bad it’s good)
Hustle (I like it enough to watch more than once)

Eight Men Out
He Got Game?
Draft Day (so bad it’s good)
Hustle (I like it enough to watch more than once)
For my....7th? 8th? grade party my mom took me and about 10 of my friends to see He Got Game.

Yup...guess she didn't check the ratings. Talk about awkward. And a lot of smiling young'ens 😅

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back