Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
AI could easily do their jobs, they're so uninspired now

it's a series of if-then statements anyway around coaches or best players leaving, then minor compliments for new player names that slot into successful position groups
Let’s see what Sally says:
(Sally needs an update. She’s a year behind)

My prompt to her:
Write me an article on Joe Milton, quarterback for the university of Tennessee. Include his stats from last year and what he does well. Make a case for why he could win the Heisman next season.

Her article:
Joe Milton is a quarterback for the University of Tennessee who is poised for a breakout season in 2023. He transferred to the school from the University of Michigan, where he played sparingly over two seasons, and he now has a chance to shine on a bigger stage.

Last year, Milton played in nine games for the Volunteers, starting six of them. He completed 55.2% of his passes for 1,270 yards and five touchdowns, while also rushing for 184 yards and three touchdowns. While these numbers may not jump off the page, it is worth noting that Milton was playing behind an offensive line that struggled to protect him, and he had a limited set of receivers to work with.

Despite these challenges, Milton showed flashes of brilliance throughout the season. He has a cannon for an arm, capable of making any throw on the field, and he is not afraid to take shots downfield. He also has the size and athleticism to be a threat on the ground, making him a dual-threat quarterback that defenses have to account for.

One area where Milton could improve is his accuracy. He threw seven interceptions last season, and he struggled with consistency at times. However, this is an area where he has shown improvement in the past, and with better protection and more talented receivers around him, he could take a big step forward in 2023.

So why could Milton win the Heisman Trophy next season? First and foremost, he has all the physical tools to be an elite quarterback at the college level. He has the arm strength, athleticism, and size to make any NFL scout drool, and if he puts it all together on the field, he could be one of the best quarterbacks in the country.

Second, Milton is playing in a system that should allow him to put up big numbers. Tennessee's offense is designed to spread the field and attack defenses vertically, which plays to Milton's strengths as a passer. He should have plenty of opportunities to throw the ball downfield and put up big numbers in the passing game.

Finally, Milton has the potential to be a leader on and off the field. He has been praised for his work ethic and dedication to the game, and he has shown the ability to make his teammates better. If he can take a leadership role on the team and help lead Tennessee to a successful season, it could help his Heisman candidacy.

In conclusion, Joe Milton is a talented quarterback with all the physical tools to be a star at the college level. He showed flashes of brilliance last season, and with better protection and more talented receivers around him, he could take a big step forward in 2023. If he puts it all together and leads Tennessee to a successful season, he could be in the conversation for the Heisman Trophy.

I know we don't really care about NBA stuff but the firing of coaches is so insane to me sometimes.

Milwaukee fired their coach just two seasons after winning the NBA championship with freaking Milwaukee

Championship
Conference finals
Knocked out of the first round "YOU SUCK! PACK YOUR BAGS!!"
To be fair, he sucks. They won despite him, not because of him. They can easily upgrade.

I know we don't really care about NBA stuff but the firing of coaches is so insane to me sometimes.

Milwaukee fired their coach just two seasons after winning the NBA championship with freaking Milwaukee

Championship
Conference finals
Knocked out of the first round "YOU SUCK! PACK YOUR BAGS!!"
Giannis needs help, and yes it's absurd.

I'd say Nuggets fans are happy for continuity. They have the best player in the league 3 years in a row and are breaking through.

Let’s see what Sally says:
(Sally needs an update. She’s a year behind)

My prompt to her:

Her article:
Not bad 🤔

Maybe this means clickbait journalists can die now and let AI replace the rats.

Then the best go out and do real research and in-depth journalism. Go knock on doors...talk to people...y'know, journalism.

this is where fiction and reality are blurred.

The Cowboys, were really just a loosely based gang of locals, Curly Bill, Ike, Billy, Laury Brothers, Ringo were real folks. They were horse rustlers, terrorists who predated on fear. But lived and worked in community and were wel known, and revered. To me the most realistic portrayal was the scene where Curly Bill throws up money buying everyone a drink.

I dont know about the time after the OK Corral but i do think that the gunfight was very accurate in the movie. i know it was well researched. Off top of my head. I recall reading something about Wyatt going before Judge Spicer, in reviewing eye witness accounts many thought the killings were pre medidated. Spicer indicated had Wyatt not taken an oath to be deputized preceding, or killed and unarmed Ike Clanton the outcome would hace been much different.

The Clantons were very popular in the town. And its my belief after the gun fight the brothers left that area. I do believe that wyatt and josephine went on to be married.
I was obviously talking about the movie, not real life. Lord only knows what the truth of it is. I have read dozens of accounts, and watched every documentary I can find of what happened with the Earps and Holliday in Arizona...and I am not a whit closer to grasping the real truth of what happened as I was before I started...but I still love it.

There are known proven facts of course, but nobody besides God and the principles involved truly know the WHY of those facts.

Top sports movies

The program
Bull Durham
Rudy
Rocky
Tin Cup
The miracle
Mighty Ducks
White men cant jump
Money ball
The natural
Field of dreams
Varsity Blues
Hoosiers
A league of their own
Major league
Rocky 3
Days of Thunder

what did I miss ?
The Legend of Bagger Vance was a good one.

The Legend of Bagger Vance was a good one.

Knute Rockne All American. As I get older I appreciate the older movies. Like All Quiet on the Western Front, so many of those B&W WWII movies, North by Northwest, African Queen, Its a Wonderful Life, etc.

Last edited:
I was obviously talking about the movie, not real life. Lord only knows what the truth of it is. I have read dozens of accounts, and watched every documentary I can find of what happened with the Earps and Holliday in Arizona...and I am not a whit closer to grasping the real truth of what happened as I was before I started...but I still love it.

There are known proven facts of course, but nobody besides God and the principles involved truly know the WHY of those facts.
The actor who played Ike Clanton was a reenactor.

Id bet he knows something about it.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Giannis needs help, and yes it's absurd.

I'd say Nuggets fans are happy for continuity. They have the best player in the league 3 years in a row and are breaking through.

Giannis has two excellent players with him already. And Lopez is helpful in certain matchups.

Knute Rockne All American. As I get older I appreciate the older movies. Like All Quite on the Western Front, so many of those B&W WWII movies, North by Northwest, African Queen, Its a Wonderful Life, etc.
I love old black and white movies. Sergeant York and All About Eve are two of my favorites.

Edit: besides the ones you mentioned. I also loved Stalag 17. Great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back