Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Budenholzer is by no means a bad coach, they were always great and took a giant step up as soon as he was hired. He’s not Phil Jackson but who the hell is? Nobody obviously. Bucks have a depth issue. Bench depth has been an issue. Mike Budenholzer wasn’t. We’ll see what they do now. I’m sure Mike won’t have to wait long for another job

I think I understand why they did it. Have to continue to take advantage of having Giannis. There were rumblings that Budenholzer was on the hot seat last year and then his title kept him there. He seems to be a good regular season coach and then gets outcoached some in the playoffs. They aren’t young but have 4 All-Stars on that team…have to win now.

Sally has her blind spots haha and I think she’s a year behind too. I remember @Enki_Amenra having a last year vs two years ago argument with her. There are just some tasks that she can do really well, and some that are good but you better fact check.
Chat gpt is only updated to 2021 I think. Bing is current, but you have to sign up for beta testing. It's easy, if you're interested. Just sign up with your email address and they approve you in a few days.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Respect to Richardson and Milton, but Milton runs a 4.8. He's not getting drafted high (or probably at all) unless he can show promise as a pocket QB this year. I hope he goes first overall after leading us to an undefeated season and winning the Heisman, but this is a massive reach. Getting drafted at all is a huge accomplishment for any player and the same for Milton.
I'd put money on Joe being a first round pick next year.

Also

4.8 40?

When Joe was at Michigan he told an interviewer that his latest 40 time was 4.62 seconds.

The link below is sort of a background story on Milton, from his days as a kid growing up in Pahokee, Fl. The 40 time noted is in the story.

The boys of Pahokee, Florida, chase rabbits.

When farmers set fire to the sugar cane fields to remove unwanted parts of the plant before harvest, the rabbits sprint from the flames. Shoeless on the dark, fertile soil, the boys try to catch them.

In a small town where football is king, legend has it that the number of rabbits a youngster corrals determines the position he will play. Many believe the tradition breeds speed.

Pahokee is 40 miles from West Palm Beach but a world apart. Pahokee’s hospital has stood, unoccupied, since closing in 1998. There are no fast-food chains. Unemployment, poverty, and single-parent household rates are high. A video produced by Bright Sun Films calls Pahokee “the worst town in Florida.”

Brandin Hawthorne, who played football at Michigan from 2009 to 2012, grew up in Pahokee. “We had police stations, hospitals, a few grocery stores, gas stations,” he said. “Now it’s almost like an abandoned city.”

Bordering Lake Okeechobee, the area is called “The Muck” because of the soil.

This is where Milton grew up.

Hawthorne mentioned many would-be football prospects instead turned to gun violence or drug dealing. Not Milton.

He focused on getting home after practice to help with his four siblings, as his mom often worked nights, according to James Sheridan, an assistant coach on Milton’s high school team.

“His whole life is school and football,” Sheridan said. “He’s kind of a boring dude to be honest with you.”

Kyle Hayes heard the football before he saw it.

It was February 2015, and Hayes had just gotten the head coaching job at Orlando’s Olympia High School. Inside the school’s cafeteria, he held a meet-and-greet for his new players and their parents. Hayes was on the microphone addressing the attendees when he heard a football zipping through the air.

After speaking, he introduced himself to the tall youngster responsible for the sound, and asked what positioned he played. When the response was wide receiver, Hayes already figured that wasn’t the correct answer.

Two months later, at one of Hayes' first practices, he had Milton throw a 10-yard out route from the opposite hash mark. Milton hit the target with ease.

“From that point I knew he would play quarterback,” Hayes said.

Everyone who has seen Milton throw a football has a story.

Sheridan was jogging one night shortly after Milton moved to Orlando when some of his players spotted him and rushed over. “Coach, coach, you’ve got to see this guy’s arm.” Milton chucked another, too high and far into the dark sky for Sheridan to even track it.

Pahokee, with a population around 6,000, has sent more than a dozen players to the NFL, including Rickey Jackson, Janoris Jenkins, and Fred Taylor. Combined with neighboring Belle Glade, that number is closer to 35. Countless others have played college ball.

D.J. Boldin earned a scholarship to Wake Forest, was signed by the Detroit Lions, and played in the CFL. He is now Pahokee’s head coach and is also Milton’s cousin. He said the result of Pahokee’s lack of resources is a dedication to football.

“Once a kid realizes he’s good enough, football becomes a profession in high school or in city league. We give our all to it because there’s nothing else to do.”

The rabbit chasing helps.

“Chasing an agile rabbit that doesn’t run in a straight path, you have to be quick on your feet to change direction suddenly on the muck field,” Boldin said. “All of that, I believe, increases quick-twitch muscles and speed. It translates to the football field.”

Milton referenced the activity in his commitment video. “In the sugar cane fields is where my dreams began,” he said.

Out of The Muck, former rabbit chaser Joe Milton ascends to Michigan’s starting QB

Top sports movies

The program
Bull Durham
Rudy
Rocky
Tin Cup
The miracle
Mighty Ducks
White men cant jump
Money ball
The natural
Field of dreams
Varsity Blues
Hoosiers
A league of their own
Major league
Rocky 3
Days of Thunder

what did I miss ?

Legend of Bagger Vance
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Remember The Titans
Caddyshack (most quoted movie of all time)
The Sandlot
The Hustler
The Pride of the Yankees
Slap Shot
Cool Runnings
Race
The Express
Brian’s Song

Dodgeball
The Waterboy
Happy Gilmore

I’m sure there are more…

Missed Films
Baseball: Major League, A League of Their Own, The Sandlot, Bad News Bears (original), 42, Eight Men Out, The Rookie
Football: Remember the Titans, Friday Night Lights, Necessary Roughness, Wildcats, The Waterboy, Little Giants, The Longest Yard (original), Brian's Song, Jerry Maguire
Basketball: Blue Chips, He Got Game, Hoosiers, Space Jam, Above the Rim, Hoop Dreams, Celtic Pride
Hockey: Mystery Alaska
Golf: Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack, The Greatest Game Ever Played
Fighting/Boxing/MMA: Warrior, Raging Bull, Southpaw, Cinderella Man, The Fighter, Best of the Best, The Hurricane

Can’t believe that I forgot
Mystery Alaska
Necessary Roughness
Little Giants
😎

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Bama just needs the death penalty across all major sports.

Can we just have Tennessee beat them in every sport continuously until they voluntarily stop playing any sports?
I would enjoy either option, but breaking their hearts would be best…
I want uga and florida to be the same simultaneously.

Let’s start this off with

15-0 🤠

Mike Budenholzer is by no means a bad coach, they were always great and took a giant step up as soon as he was hired. He’s not Phil Jackson but who the hell is? Nobody obviously. Bucks have a depth issue. Bench depth has been an issue. Mike Budenholzer wasn’t. We’ll see what they do now. I’m sure Mike won’t have to wait long for another job

Seems to be a theme here…you could make the same argument for the sun’s…these GM’s making blockbuster trades thinking 1 or 2 super stars will get them the title but a solid bench plays just as much of a factor in the regular season as it does in the playoffs…gotta have a good have a balance of both

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back