Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have no logical argument and instead are questioning how long I've followed baseball, as if that affects the merits of my point? Interesting red herring.
You do not understand baseball..that is his point, and it is a good one. I get why somebody that has only recently started following baseball would feel as obviously upset about things like getting a 95 mph baseball thrown at you for being a showboating asshat....it's really simple though, if you don't wanna have a ball thrown at your ear hole, then don't be an *******.

That is the way it's always been.

Reactions: Volunteer821
You do not understand baseball..that is his point, and it is a good one. I get why somebody that has only recently started following baseball would feel as obviously upset about things like getting a 95 mph baseball thrown at you for being a showboating asshat....it's really simple though, if you don't wanna have a ball thrown at your ear hole, then don't be an *******.

I’ve followed baseball for 50 years and your argument is old and tired. If you don’t like a guy celebrating after a big hit then be a better pitcher. Intentionally throwing a hard ball at someone because you don’t like them is a criminal offense anywhere else in our world. Baseball should eliminate intentionally hitting batters from the sport. IMO

It's a **** point that bypasses discussion, as pointed out.

I’ve followed baseball for 50 years and your argument is old and tired. If you don’t like a guy celebrating after a big hit then be a better pitcher. Intentionally throwing a hard ball at someone because you don’t like them is a criminal offense anywhere else in our world. Baseball should eliminate intentionally hitting batters from the sport. IMO

"It's right because it's been like this..." That logic doesn't work anywhere else either.

"Blacks have always had their own water fountains. You ain't from round here are you?"

It's a **** point that bypasses discussion, as pointed out.

"It's right because it's been like this..." That logic doesn't work anywhere else either.

"Blacks have always had their own water fountains. You ain't from round here are you?"
Did you just compare baseball to the civil rights movement?

If nothing else it should carry a fine.

Sticky substance on your uniform = suspended for games. Altercation with a fan suspension AND fine.... but intentionally hitting batters and "it's part of the game" hit 'em in their wallet and you'll see things change.

If you dont like a dude flipping his bat, don't let him hit a 450ft tank shot off you.

If you dont like a dude celebrating in the end zone, dont let him score on you.

Etc.
It wasn’t a dude flipping a bat….. the guy stopped in the middle of the baseline and started posing…. He got hit the next two times up.

So you have no logical argument and instead are questioning how long I've followed baseball, as if that affects the merits of my point? Interesting red herring.
I asked you a simple question…. One which you have avoided twice…. I do feel like it makes a difference if you actually played/followed the game…. It’s sort of like myself not liking the way things are done is soccer when I only watch the sport when the USA is in the World Cup.

I asked you a simple question…. One which you have avoided twice…. I do feel like it makes a difference if you actually played/followed the game…. It’s sort of like myself not liking the way things are done is soccer when I only watch the sport when the USA is in the World Cup.
You'd read far enough to see my post, which means that by the time you posted this, you should have seen...

As a matter of fact, my post actually quoted it.

Reactions: SoilVol
I just compared the logic of two arguments to one another. This is another red herring, by the way.
I consider comparing policing baseball to segregating water fountains to be red herring…. What do you consider to be wrong about the way the players handled to game from the 50’s through the 70’s? It start changing in the late 80’s to what we have now.

Again, the "it's always been done this way" argument isn't a fruitful argument. You'd need to explain WHY it's morally acceptable to throw a hard object at terminal velocity, at someone whom the rules state must pose there in front of you unprotected, simply because they hurt your feelings.

Again, the "it's always been done this way" argument isn't a fruitful argument. You'd need to explain WHY it's morally acceptable to throw a hard object at terminal velocity, at someone whom the rules state must pose there in front of you unprotected, simply because they hurt your feelings.

Surely…. You don’t think that was intentional.

I consider comparing policing baseball to segregating water fountains to be red herring…. What do you consider to be wrong about the way the players handled to game from the 50’s through the 70’s? It start changing in the late 80’s to what we have now.
I don't really care what you consider, if it's incorrect.

It's a standard rhetorical practice to compare similarities between two DIFFERENT things to make a point. It's actually the DIFFERENCES that make the point. So take your debating escapes via point-shaming attempts elsewhere.

The point is that you would be using the same logic in either case, but denying the logic when it comes to civil rights. That's not a red herring. It's proof that your logic is horrible by your own standards.

Now, I just posted a video link of a player getting his jaw broken by getting hit in the face by a pitch. That's what I consider to be wrong about throwing baseballs at people at terminal velocity because they hurt your feelings. Probably any other area besides the dumbassery you've been indoctrinated into for decades, you'd agree it's wrong.

Surely…. You don’t think that was intentional.
\

Surely you understand that the jaw would still be broken whether he'd just flipped a bat or not. Come on, man. Is the ball any less dangerous whether the pitcher had tried to hit him in the shoulder, or the face?

It's why I don't throw hands any time someone hurts my feelings. I trained in hand to hand for decades. But one punch, one head hit on a curb having fallen, there's no coming back from it.

If you dont like a dude flipping his bat, don't let him hit a 450ft tank shot off you.

If you dont like a dude celebrating in the end zone, dont let him score on you.

Etc.
There is no need to act like a cocky dbag. Just as there is no need to throw at a human being. It's dumb and does nothing for a game that is slower than molasses.

Really what the league needs a salty, washed up old man in a wheelchair, carrying a sack full of wrenches. (pretty sure had my HS coach had a pipe wrench hed have thrown it),

IMG_1426.gif

I don't really care what you consider, if it's incorrect.

It's a standard rhetorical practice to compare similarities between two DIFFERENT things to make a point. It's actually the DIFFERENCES that make the point. So take your debating escapes via point-shaming attempts elsewhere.

The point is that you would be using the same logic in either case, but denying the logic when it comes to civil rights. That's not a red herring. It's proof that your logic is horrible by your own standards.

Now, I just posted a video link of a player getting his jaw broken by getting hit in the face by a pitch. That's what I consider to be wrong about throwing baseballs at people at terminal velocity because they hurt your feelings. Probably any other area besides the dumbassery you've been indoctrinated into for decades, you'd agree it's wrong.
Did you just use the term point-shaming?😂 I agree we have difference of opinions…. It will continue happening in baseball and the world goes.

There is no need to act like a cocky dbag. Just as there is no need to throw at a human being. It's dumb and does nothing for a game that is slower than molasses.

Really what the league needs a salty, washed up old man in a wheelchair, carrying a sack full of wrenches. (pretty sure had my HS coach had a pipe wrench hed have thrown it),

View attachment 550528
Didn’t a local high school coach get in trouble for throwing weighted balls at his kids?

Last edited:
Reactions: dcantrell2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back