Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Christian McCaffery skipped his final bowl to prepare for the draft, I railed against it. Thought the short term benefits of training for the 40 and shuttle drills would be outweighed by GM’s viewing them negatively in team dynamics and commitment. That didn’t end up bearing true. Comparing a returning Heisman winner and Nagurski Award winner who were 1-3 on most mock drafts to a slight receiver who wasn’t a top 2 target on his own team the previous year, isn’t apples to apples. Bama’s pair are going to be drafted high nmw. Jalin REALLY needs to clock a 4.2 to even have a chance as a first day selection imo. That requires intense, specific training. The slightest ding in a bowl game could endanger that effort. So I understand his reasoning. Not asking it of anyone else, but that’s immaterial.

When Christian McCaffery skipped his final bowl to prepare for the draft, I railed against it. Thought the short term benefits of training for the 40 and shuttle drills would be outweighed by GM’s viewing them negatively in team dynamics and commitment. That didn’t end up bearing true. Comparing a returning Heisman winner and Nagurski Award winner who were 1-3 on most mock drafts to a slight receiver who wasn’t a top 2 target on his own team the previous year, isn’t apples to apples. Bama’s pair are going to be drafted high nmw. Jalin REALLY needs to clock a 4.2 to even have a chance as a first day selection imo. That requires intense, specific training. The slightest ding in a bowl game could endanger that effort. So I understand his reasoning. Not asking it of anyone else, but that’s immaterial.
I'm sure these guys get reminded of what happened to Jaylon Smith. He's still lingering in the pros, but his career was severely diminished by that bowl game injury.

Going down the list of 247's Composite rankings.

1) Alabama - 25/25 have signed
2) Georgia - 23/25 have signed
3) Miami - 22/24 have signed
4) Texas - 21/21 have signed
5) LSU - 20/25 have signed
6) Ohio State - 19/19 have signed
7) Oregon - 14/27 have signed
8) Oklahoma - 24/24 have signed
9) Notre Dame - 21/25 have signed
10) Tennessee - 23/24 have signed
11) Clemson - 26/26 have signed
12) Florida - 17/20 have signed

With the guys we signed today and last year as well on the D side of the line this could really turn out to be a tough bunch to play against. Take CJH offense and a really good defense as well and you are talking about something that EVER team we play will fear and I mean ALL of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back