Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always get a chuckle of the message board randos who second-guess these type of decisions.

“I’m completely baffled by the coaches’ decision not to recruit player x based on information I’m not privy to.”
I always get a chuckle out of people who clearly don't understand a post. Let me simplify this for you. I'm not second guessing the coaches in this post. I'm actually lamenting that we fans aren't privy to the information you say we do not have. It's called curiosity, and most people have it. We'd like to know what we don't know.

I saw an interview that said those Alabama players were covered with insurance if they dropped to a certain level….. tried to search to find that interview and more details…. Couldn’t find it but did find this article from 2020…. Alabama chose not to get that insurance on Tua and the media criticized Alabama for it…. Here is an article from 2020 saying that Alabama had the option to get it but chose not too bc sometimes it was difficult to collect… Chance Warmack got a similar insurance policy after joining the NFL and it paid out over 3 million.

How Alabama approaches player insurance policies
That article says they don't use loss of value policies. Right?

Stats aren't eye-popping, but coaches obviously see something in him. Hopefully he's more of a baller than Mitchell.
He was a stud before his ACL tear last season. Came back and was still productive this season. Hopefully another offseason will get him back to pre-ACL tear level

And 6'3" 240 pound, 24 year old, married,, mature young man who can provide good leadership for the younger guys.

This

Also was a Captain

And it may not be “eye popping” but he’s a solid player and easily better than a couple LBs we were forced to play this yr. it’s almost like the staff knows what they’re doing.

62 tackles, 5 TFLs, Sack , FF, FR. And he’s a bigger body guy compared to these others. Def brings some leadership where we need it.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and KptVFL
That article says they don't use loss of value policies. Right?
That was from two years ago…. They were criticized pretty soundly bc of Tua…. The most recent thing that I heard was from tv and they were discussing why the players were not opting….. The closest thing that I could find online to show to anyone was Bo Scarborough saying that Alabama had the players covered for LOV. I could be mistaken…. Just repeating what I heard.

Reactions: BucVol98
That was from two years ago…. They were criticized pretty soundly bc of Tua…. The most recent thing that I heard was from tv and they were discussing why the players were not opting….. The closest thing that I could find online to show to anyone was Bo Scarborough saying that Alabama had the players covered for LOV. I could be mistaken…. Just repeating what I heard.
I gotcha. I find that interesting for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back