Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many runs did Gorman Thomas score?
Gorman Thomas had 97 runs and 123 RBIs

Gwynn had 119 runs and 54 RBIs

I feel that shows that Thomas had as much run production as Gwynn even though Gwynn

It’s not totally fair to Gwynn bc he batted at the top of the lineup a lot therefore limiting his RBI chances… Even hitting 130 points higher it’s not as big a difference as one would think.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I appreciate the engagement. I will look into it a bit more. I agree that total bases is more significant than dingers. There are a good bit of "doubles" hitters who hit for a pretty high average, so I still think that BA is not as insignificant as you say.
Getting on base is important… analytics has shown that a walk is better than a single Bc bad things can happen when you don’t barrel up the baseball(double plays)…. Having a good OBP is half of the equation and that includes BA. I enjoyed this convo as well… I love baseball and any excuse to discuss the game.

A chemist froze himself at -273.15 C. Everyone said he was crazy.

It turned out he was 0K.
nerd-the-simpsons.gif

Be the time Leachs came out as a possible, it was dead in the water. I personally don’t know how I would’ve felt about the hire because I never got the chance. Crazy times indeed.
After all the coaches and failure we'd seen, I was pumped about getting Mike Leach.

Our AD had us on a spin cycle. . . hire a cheap coach, over-hype him to the fans, boost ticket sales/merch sales for a couple years, have a re-build season, then an avg season, then 1-2 poor seasons, fire him, hire a cheap coach, over-hype him to fans, boost tickets sales/merch sales, have a re-build season, then an avg season, then 1-2 poor seasons, fire him, hire a cheap coach. . .

I liked Leach and thought he'd find some more success here, but. . . I was more excited about the idea of us finally getting a proven coach.

Gen x raised millennials. Good job y'all. Boomers, you ain't outta the woods cause y'all raised the gen x types that raised the betas.

View attachment 553905
Hard times create strong people. Strong people create easy times. Easy times create weak people. Weak people create hard times. Hard time create strong people... ... ...

There is a point where the generational blame stops. The blame began with the boomers though. The greatest generation created easy times, and the generations have been getting weaker and more feckless since. There will come a time (soon) when the weakness and fecklessness will produce times that challenge a generation to reset and become strong and sane again.

Just had a gamecock fan try and talk chit to me when he noticed my dog in his Vols collar.

Literally had this air of superiority…..

God I can’t wait for their upcoming trainwreck season.

You should have thrown some dried corn kernels on the ground and said, "Here chick chick chick." over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back