Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millenial is a lazy generalization for “young people”. Millenials are in their 30s and 40s raising families. The young people that people gripe about is what we call the Gen-Zs.
Gen Z is known as the "even more millennial" generation. Technically you're right, young kids today are Gen Z; but they really are just a continuation of and more extreme millennial by most measures.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Gen Z is known as the "even more millennial" generation. Technically you're right, young kids today are Gen Z; but they really are just a continuation of and more extreme millennial by most measures.
Went on date night to Watauga Brewing Company in JC last night. Or, millenial central. I was given strict orders to behave. It was difficult...

Listen i've lived and worked in Asheville. This is different. But hey, to each their own.

Truth be told, I really dont give a crap what or how people
choose to live. Millenials are different, for sure. But then so has every generation felt about the younger generation, preceding.

There are some strange folk, and yes a lot of them are grown ass adults, at Disney wearing cocktail dresses taking selfies for insta. I'll mever understand it. But then, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was way more into the Chili Peppers than any of them...they're one of my all-time favorite bands, period

Badmotorfinger was an absolute great album, as well. Soundgarden was probably my favorite "grundge" band.

Man! I was 14 years old. Still remember where i was the first time I heard Alive and Smells Like Teen Spirit...always liked Alive better; Ten is a better album than Nevermind, imo.
I agree with all this (I was 16 in 91). Metallica 'Black', and Ozzy Osborne "No More Tears' were also released in 1991. Maybe the best year ever for rock albums.

*I'll add that the Stone Temple Pilots 'Core' and Alice in Chains 'Dirt' albums were released the following year. The music I had in high school was awesome, even the country albums that came out in the early 90s were great.

Gen x raised millennials. Good job y'all. Boomers, you ain't outta the woods cause y'all raised the gen x types that raised the betas.

View attachment 553905

Been this way since the beginning of time. Don't think there has ever been a generation that agrees with the generations before them or after them haha

I agree with all this (I was 16 in 91). Metallica 'Black', and Ozzy Osborne "No More Tears' were also released in 1991. Maybe the best year ever for rock albums.

*I'll add that the Stone Temple Pilots 'Core' and Alice in Chains 'Dirt' albums were released the following year. The music I had in high school was awesome, even the country albums that came out in the early 90s were great.
Can never forget that Gish, by The Smashing Pumpkins, came out that year, as well. While not Siamese Dream, which came out in '93, it's still a GREAT album.

Gen x raised millennials. Good job y'all. Boomers, you ain't outta the woods cause y'all raised the gen x types that raised the betas.

View attachment 553905
I think the Silent Generation raised Gen X
Boomers raised Millennials
Gen X raised Gen Z
the Millennials are raising what they are calling "Generation Alpha"

The obsession with categorizing people by generation is pretty stupid though.

In some ways, I identify way more with Gen X. In other ways, I'm squarely a Millennial.

If you use the categorization to identify "if you EXPEREIENCED this event or phenomena, you are [Generation whatever]" then it's fairly accurate for most.

The problem is that people use it like a personality test. "If you act/say this negative attribute/attitude, you are [Generation whatever]"

This is how it is commonly defined:
1920px-Generation_timeline.svg.png

Last edited:
You are talking in absolutes…. There is no such thing in baseball…. Teams don’t want dingers…. They want XBH’s…. They love stolen bases if they feel the success rate is worth the risk…. Stolen bases, hit and runs, bunts had all for the most part started disappearing from the game…. Stolen bases have started making a come back which makes me smile bc it is my favorite part of the game.
I appreciate the engagement. I will look into it a bit more. I agree that total bases is more significant than dingers. There are a good bit of "doubles" hitters who hit for a pretty high average, so I still think that BA is not as insignificant as you say.

Gen X raised Gen Z

In some ways, I identify way more with Gen X. In other ways, I'm squarely a Millennial.

If you use the categorization to identify "if you EXPEREIENCED this event or phenomena, you are [Generation whatever]" then it's fairly accurate for most.

The problem is that people use it like a personality test. "If you act/say this negative attribute/attitude, you are [Generation whatever]"

Whenever my kids complain or give me a smart alec comment on something, I am going to start responding with, "Ok zoomer.". HAHAHAHA

I kinda hate the Generation classifications

Or it's talked about way too much

Class, culture, history and personality types/psychology explain a lot more than vague explanations on why culture exists the way it does based on what generation they fall under.

It just doesn't get specific enough and you get an endless debate where people use vague explanations on why things the way they are.

Gen X raised Gen Z

Older millennials are different than the younger ones based on internet availability alone. I'm in the older millennial part of the generation so I'm in line with you.

Here is an example of extremes…. Tony Gwynn…. One of the best hitters of all time… he hit .370 with a slugging % of .511….. one year Gorman Thomas batted .244 and had a slugging % of .538. You can discount it all you want but all the evidence is there for what MLB is striving for and teaching. That’s why I was so excited about hiring Vitello…. Small ball was gone…. Driving the ball was king….Look at the ops of the players the last few years.
How many runs did Gorman Thomas score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back