Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure some of you have visited "The Caverns" in Pelham before (between Chattanooga and Nashville). They regularly have music there and I've been for a full-day bluegrass event before.

But they're really upping their game and making it a destination spot. Maybe like an underground Red Rocks?

They're about to host 4 nights of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (2 nights below ground and 2 above). Also just saw Pretty Lights is making his return to the stage and will be playing this fall. Outstanding.

Others coming up:

- Bruce Hornsby
- Squirrel Nut Zippers
- Lettuce
- Pigeons Playing Ping Pong 😵😵
- Michael Franti
- Moe.
- Kurt Vile
- Matisyahu with G. Love and Special Sauce
- Marshall Tucker Band
- "Tennessee is for lovers" - looks like a throwback emo/core festival - Thursday, Bayside, Hawthorne Heights, Underoath, etc.
- Papadosio (2 nights)
- The Floozies
- St Paul and the Broken Bones
- Cavefest (Sam Bush and many others)
- "GREGORIAN CAVES". This might be my favorite. Gregorian chants in a cavern would be a spiritul experience.

View attachment 554182
That Gregorian chant might make me get over my fear of going underground lol.

Reactions: Devo182
I recognize Pretty Lights, but I haven’t heard of a single one of those other bands/groups. Am I old now? ****. 😂

Edit: ok, I also know St Paul and the Broken Bones, Matiyashu, and most of the Tennessee is for Lovers list. Honestly, would love to see that, that’s high school years right there
I’m old. Marshall Tucker Band is all I have heard of.

Last edited:
@InVOLuntary

Have you been attacked by sharks yet?

dont_get_eaten_by_these_shark_week_facts_03.gif

Since 1949, 32 shark attacks have been reported in the Bahamas.

I wonder how many haven't been reported?

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Saw The Flaming Lips there, New Year's Eve, 2018.
Yeah, it was everything you can imagine, and lots more you can't.

Last time I saw the Lips actually.
Wow wow wow

Had no idea they were running those kinds of shows there. That sounds magical. I've only had one non-magical FL experience and it was when they were only playing a newly released, dark album. It just wasn't the same without all the Coyne-ness. Can't imagine it in a cavern.

Reactions: SugarCC

I agree with Rucker.

The first time we played Bama was 1901.

The Third Saturday in October tradition began in 1928, though it wasn't officially called that until 1939.

Even though Bama leads the series 58-39-7, no one else in college football owns more victories against the Turds than we do.

When you break it down, we've played Bama 105 times. We've played Georgia and Florida a combined 104 times. (52 times each)

I know a lot of people complain about how tough our schedule is, but I'm a fan of tradition. Only playing Georgia and Florida like every other year would suck, because I want to beat them, and I believe Heupel is the coach to do it, but it really isn't the end of the world. Bama, on the other hand, is deeply personal, and we owe them many an ass-whoopin'. I want them on the schedule, and I'd like it to be every third Saturday in October. It's a tradition that started with General Neyland, and I don't want to see it go away.

Fun fact:

In 1963, major league baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry remarked, "They'll put a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July 20, 1969, an hour after Neil Armstrong set foot on the surface of the moon, Perry hit is first, and only, home run while playing for the San Francisco Giants.

I agree with Rucker.

The first time we played Bama was 1901.

The Third Saturday in October tradition began in 1928, though it wasn't officially called that until 1939.

Even though Bama leads the series 58-39-7, no one else in college football owns more victories against the Turds than we do.

When you break it down, we've played Bama 105 times. We've played Georgia and Florida a combined 104 times. (52 times each)

I know a lot of people complain about how tough our schedule is, but I'm a fan of tradition. Only playing Georgia and Florida like every other year would suck, because I want to beat them, and I believe Heupel is the coach to do it, but it really isn't the end of the world. Bama, on the other hand, is deeply personal, and we owe them many an ass-whoopin'. I want them on the schedule, and I'd like it to be every third Saturday in October. It's a tradition that started with General Neyland, and I don't want to see it go away.
I agree with this 100 percent.

A ten-year-old mattress weighs double what it did when it was new due to debris that it absorbs over time. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand, and a lot of perspiration, which the average person loses at a rate of a quart a day.

Hope everyone sleeps tight.

Yes, the Florida and Georgia rivalries (as intense as they’ve been) were really a creation of the SEC going to divisions. We played them sparingly before then (seems hard to believe, I know). So in that sense, I say: the league giveth, and the league taketh away.

However, the Bama, Kentucky and Vandy rivalries are older than the SEC itself. The league should take care not to disrupt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back