Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punch Drunk Love made Uncut Gems possible.
PT Anderson, one of my favorites, maker of my favorite movie of all time, There Will Be Blood, right ahead of Dr Strangelove.

Punch Drunk Love is probably 3rd of my list of his, behind the aforementioned and Boogie Nights...Magnolia and The Master round out top 5.

Sandler is beyond brilliant in it, TRULY unlike anything he's ever done. I would've loved to have seen him as The Bear Jew in Inglourious Basterds.

Reactions: bignewt
I remember when that school was a cow college. Widespread Panic played in Boone, rightt around the time they played the National Gaurd Armory in JC.
From there, to one of the biggest festivals in the world forming FOR THEM. They were the very first band Bonnaroo went to, asking them to play, then they built the rest around them. For a long time, they were the only band to headline it both Sat and Sun nights, two different times...I believe Phish has done it since; Panic has headlined it more times than any other band in the world.

Panic will ALWAYS be in my heart. Over 100 times I've seen them. Been years since the last time, tough.

Reactions: AppStVol and StoVol
From there, to one of the biggest festivals in the world forming FOR THEM. They were the very first band Bonnaroo went to, asking them to play, then they built the rest around them. For a long time, they were the only band to headline it both Sat and Sun nights, two different times...I believe Phish has done it since; Panic has headlined it more times than any other band in the world.

Panic will ALWAYS be in my heart. Over 100 times I've seen them. Been years since the last time, tough.
IMG_2319.gif

Reactions: SugarCC

honestly i've seen wsp about 10 times. in late nineties, instructor turned me on to bands like super chunk, screaming cheetah wheelies, and charleston based blue dogs, which i love for obvious reasons. started listening to jerry, old and in the way, jgb, then got a job at WETS. honestly slowly weened off of jam music to bluegrass and country music.

local acts like larry and jenny keel, blue highway, ralph stanley, fritts family, doyle lawson, barry bales & union station, doc watson, ed snodderly. all pointed me away from that lifestyle

honestly i've seen wsp about 10 times. in late nineties, instructor turned me on to bands like super chunk, screaming cheetah wheelies, and charleston based blue dogs, which i love for obvious reasons. started listening to jerry, old and in the way, jgb, then got a job at WETS. honestly slowly weened off of jam music to bluegrass and country music.

local acts like larry and jenny keel, blue highway, ralph stanley, fritts family, doyle lawson, barry bales & union station, doc watson, ed snodderly. all pointed me away from that lifestyle
Very nice.

Yeah, I found my way out of the jam band scene around 2000 or so...still went to festivals and to Panic; but, with Is This It, by The Strokes, I started going to those shows more, Indie/Garage...with more and more Bluegrass, Americana, Indie/Alt Country thrown in, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back