Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hong Kong Phooey
Jabberjaw
laff olympics

soooo many good cartoons back in the day

Remember that movie the beastmaster...watched that about 50 times on saturday afternoons. Brother and I used to eat packs of hot chocolate mix and watch that ish all day lol. 80's...what a time to be alive as a kid!

I ordered the complete GI Joe dvd set for my kid when he was about 5 because Knowing Is Half the Battle...

Hong Kong Phooey
Jabberjaw
laff olympics

soooo many good cartoons back in the day

Remember that movie the beastmaster...watched that about 50 times on saturday afternoons. Brother and I used to eat packs of hot chocolate mix and watch that ish all day lol. 80's...what a time to be alive as a kid!

I ordered the complete GI Joe dvd set for my kid when he was about 5 because Knowing Is Half the Battle...
We watched cartoons until about 10:00 am...............and then it was time for ............

1690048848740.jpegLance Russell and Dave Brown...........NWA Mid-America and Continental Wrestling Association

We watched cartoons until about 10:00 am...............and then it was time for ............

View attachment 564844Lance Russell and Dave Brown...........NWA Mid-America and Continental Wrestling Association
Fabulous Freebirds , Jerry Lawler, Mongolian Stomper ,Ron and Don Wright and Robert Fuller and "The Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller..... Couldn't wait for the Wrasslin

July 22, 1934

Special Agent Samuel A. , Cowley ordered all agents of the Chicago office to stand by for urgent duty. Anna Sage called that evening to confirm the plans, but she still did not know which theater they would attend. Therefore, agents and policemen were sent to both theaters. At 8:30 p.m., Anna Sage, John Dillinger, and Polly Hamilton strolled into the Biograph Theater to see Clark Gable in "Manhattan Melodrama." Purvis phoned Cowley, who shifted the other men from the Marbro to the Biograph.

Cowley also phoned Hoover for instructions. Hoover cautioned them to wait outside rather than risk a shooting match inside the crowded theater. Each man was instructed not to unnecessarily endanger himself and was told that if Dillinger offered any resistance, it would be each man for himself.

At 10:30 p.m., Dillinger, with his two female companions on either side, walked out of the theater and turned to his left. As they walked past the doorway in which Purvis was standing, Purvis lit a cigar as a signal for the other men to close in. Dillinger quickly realized what was happening and acted by instinct. He grabbed a pistol from his right trouser pocket as he ran toward the alley.

Five shots were fired from the guns of three FBI agents. Three of the shots hit Dillinger, and he fell face down on the pavement.
At 10:50 p.m. on July 22, 1934, John Dillinger was pronounced dead in a little room in the Alexian Brothers Hospital.

crowd-viewing-john-dillinger-body.jpg

My mammaw knew Dillinger. He used to hang out in Eastern, KY a lot.

Thundercats, G. I. Joe, Transformers, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and probably TMNT were normally after school cartoons. I loved those, too. But Saturday mornings were just hours and hours of cartoons.

Saturday mornings were work days for me. I had to dust the entire house before I could watch cartoons. Mom would inspect my work too. 🤣

Love it, That was our schedule also.You think old Gordon ever smoked a cigarette or two.

He's the reason Delta added the don't tamper with smoke detectors in the airplane restrooms....allegedly.

I came across this quote when looking for a pic to post.

"Gordon used to sneak a wet towel into the bathrooms on the airplanes," said Harley Race. "He used to put the damp towel over the smoke detector and sit in the airplane restroom and smoke cigarettes. Gordon was the reason that the airlines added signs about not tampering with their smoke detectors."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back