Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember G-Force?

It was a Japanese cartoon dubbed into English.

R.b27e9aadd0dc111121216db39658fa34

With all this talk of Cartoons and not one person mentioned SILVERHAWKS!!

Attachments

• IMG_6400.jpeg
    IMG_6400.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 2
A woman who has grandkids early, but doesnt like being called granny, grandma, etc. . . what's the best name to call them if you're trying to irritate them? Just "grandma" or nanny or granny? Which one do you think hits them the hardest?

A lot of women are going with Nana now. I know that's always been common in certain regions but it's getting popular here.

As for irritating them - granny or grandma or mamaw, memaw etc. will work. The key is intonation and word choice. Saying something like "sure granny" in the right tone is sure to get under their skin. It would get under the skin of even those happy to be called granny etc.

A lot of women are going with Nana now. I know that's always been common in certain regions but it's getting popular here.

As for irritating them - granny or grandma or mamaw, memaw etc. will work. The key is intonation and word choice. Saying something like "sure granny" in the right tone is sure to get under their skin. It would get under the skin of even those happy to be called granny etc.
My wife goes by Gigi to our grandson and daughter’s fiancé’s kids. HATES Grandma, Granny or Mawmaw.

IDK the term granny comes with a lot of expectations/baggage. If you're a younger woman (and look I went through puberty at 10 years old meaning technically I could've made my mom a granny super-young and while that's not common there's even girls who go through it as young as 8) I can see how you wouldn't want that title. It's a title that implies you're awesome (bc almost all grannies are) but old. But say a girl has a child at 10 years old and their kid has one at 10, they'd be a grandmother at 20 years of age and that just doesn't seem to fit, you know?

Those are extreme examples but if a woman is in her late 20s to even 40s and is made a grandmother, the term granny does feel a bit awkward. They are still grandmas but they aren't all that the word implies so I can see why they wouldn't want to be called that.

They feel they have great versatility on the O line and will be able to shift guys around. They'll figure it out in camp, but the hope is to have Campbell and Karic on the left. Ollie Lane is expected to be a backup at LG, but he's worked hard so if he wins the starting spot, good for him. Need Cooper to stay healthy-- he's a critical piece of the puzzle.

IDK the term granny comes with a lot of expectations/baggage. If you're a younger woman (and look I went through puberty at 10 years old meaning technically I could've made my mom a granny super-young and while that's not common there's even girls who go through it as young as 8) I can see how you wouldn't want that title. It's a title that implies you're awesome (bc almost all grannies are) but old. But say a girl has a child at 10 years old and their kid has one at 10, they'd be a grandmother at 20 years of age and that just doesn't seem to fit, you know?

Those are extreme examples but if a woman is in her late 20s to even 40s and is made a grandmother, the term granny does feel a bit awkward. They are still grandmas but they aren't all that the word implies so I can see why they wouldn't want to be called that.
Well, after one close call a few years before with something else, I woke up in ICU being warned not to move, or they would knock me back out to keep the blood clots in my lungs from moving. The only thing I could think of was I hadn’t gotten to be a granny yet.

Ok Memaw.

Well, after one close call a few years before with something else, I woke up in ICU being warned not to move, or they would knock me back out to keep the blood clots in my lungs from moving. The only thing I could think of was I hadn’t gotten to be a granny yet.

I think they still probably love being grandmas and others aspire to be one. They just don't want the word because it implies they're old and not all of them are. Does that make sense?

And btw, I'm so glad you made it through that. That is such a scary thing to go through!

Lotta kids in the Knoxville area with talent let their grades fall as early as freshman year. They listen to the idiots telling them talent>grades. Then they can't even get into juco

Academics matter more at UT than they used to-- and certainly more than they do at some other programs. UT will pass on recruits with grade issues, especially those who aren't willing to commit to a plan to bring their grades in line.

If I can go to UTK and get my masters, then **** everyone should be getting in 😂

Nah, but in all seriousness, these kids must be just sitting on the toilet during class or something sheesh. Morans

What are you getting your MA in?
ETA: Or do you mean, if you can do it anyone can?

Reactions: Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back