Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
In late July 1945, the Indianapolis was sent on a high-speed journey to deliver cargo to US air base Tinian in the western Pacific. Nobody on board knew what the cargo was, including the personnel who guarded it round the clock.
It was later revealed that it carried the parts for atomic bombs which would later be dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima just a few days later.

On July 30, 1945, the Indianapolis was torpedoed and sunk by a Japanese submarine. From a crew of 1196 sailors and marines, 300 went down with their ship. Though around 900 men survived the initial sinking, many succumbed to shark attacks, dehydration and salt poisoning soon after. By the time rescue crews arrived, only 316 people could be saved.
The sinking of the USS Indianapolis marks the greatest loss of life at sea from a single ship in US Navy history. The echo of the devastating tragedy can still be felt today, with a campaign in 2001 successfully lobbying for the exoneration of the captain, Charles B. McVay III, who had been blamed for the sinking of the ship.

4442E03100000578-0-image-a-10_1505369225353.jpg
I’ll never put on a life jacket again.

My classic car ignorance strikes again. . .

I was reading about a Mustang I saw at the show. I couldn't figure out what it was for anything. Dug around for a couple hours and think I'd figured it out, for the most part. . . maybe someone here can help. . .

View attachment 566541View attachment 566542View attachment 566543

It appears that this in an ultra rare '65 Mustang GT coupe with a K-Code 289 Cobra engine. I can't figure out how rare. . . I can't find anything for a production '65 with a K-Code 289, and a "rally-pac" interior.
Not a Ford guy but that’s a 3 carb set up on that small block with an automatic transmission. That unusual 🤷🏼‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back