Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You worked in the food business? What role? I’m just curious because I’ve been in it for 25 years.
Started out as a cook worked my way into Management.. Casual Dining what I started in and finished my Management career for Denny's home of the Grand Slam breakfast...

Last edited:
They did share National Championship back in 1990..
He is talking about what Colorado has done in the PAC 12, which is absolutely nothing. Yes, Colorado shared a '90 Championship, but I think that was in the Big 8. Loved that team, tho. Played with them all the time on the NCAA Sega game. Hagan, Bienemy and Pritchard were beasts. Still, the Vols tied 'em and were loaded that year. Pickens, Harper and Webb.

Edit: my bad, can't forget about that monster season Tony Thompson had after Webb got hurt. Won the Sugar Bowl over Virginia and Andy Kelly knew how to win

Started out as a cook worked my way into Management.. Casual Dining what I started in and finished my Management career for Denny's home of the Grand Slam breakfast...
I do bulk cooking now, well, I’m in management now, but I also work as a shift cook to stay in touch and besides, it’s my favorite part. Cook to order is the worst. Well, I guess it depends on the kitchen you’re in.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I do bulk cooking now, well, I’m in management now, but I also work as a shift cook to stay in touch and besides, it’s my favorite part. Cook to order is the worst. Well, I guess it depends on the kitchen you’re in.
Yea Restaurant Management is demanding physically and mentally. I loved it though met lots of interesting people from workers to patrons as well...

And another angle. Honestly this game was really fun and a nice salve after the South Carolina disaster. I'll never understand folks who want to kick Vandy out -- beating up those nerds will never get old. View attachment 568236
One of my favorite games last season

Watching it again right now. This made me chuckle pretty good.

6C47C1B1-B9C6-441A-87C7-90DA7D5CEF83.jpeg

Big damn plaque commemorating themselves as the “2014 Compass Bowl Champions”
😂🤣

1st choice - UNC and UVA
2nd choice - UNC and FSU
3rd choice - UNC and VTech

It’s not even close that UNC is the most valuable property left in the ACC.

View attachment 568157
100% agree that UNC is by far the most valuable asset to harvest from the ACC.

And agree that UVA should be the 2nd choice for the SEC. Premier state school in a TV market that extends the footprint.

Yeah Virginia Tech fits the SEC better because of their ceiling with football.

UVA is way better in basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis etc. National Championships in all those sports lately.
Does the SEC really need another football power? Not that I necessarily agree VaTech is one.

UVA Basketball & Baseball are both premier programs. Recent National Championships in both.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Watching it again right now. This made me chuckle pretty good.

View attachment 568267

Big damn plaque commemorating themselves as the “2014 Compass Bowl Champions”
😂🤣
Not as bad as the one commemorating participating in the 2011 Liberty Bowl and losing to Cincinnati who was coached by

*checks notes*

Butch Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back