Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky is such a miserable school. They have high hopes every year in football and we rip them a new one, even in most of our worst years. In basketball, their marquee program, they consistently underachieve with some of the top talent in the country and have lost to us about 50% of the time in recent years.
Barnes is 10-9 vs KY. And will build on his lead this year!

Last edited:
It's so nice to be back to preseason top 10 and still be upset knowing there are teams above us that we would destroy. Feels like the good ol days.
I know it. It's been a while. Were we ranked preseason top10 one year under Butch? I can't remember. . . when was the last preseason top10? Was it around 2007 or all the way back to 2000ish?

Bc they know.

The media doesn’t want us to be good. Barrett Sallee and the boys leading that charge this yr.

also, Mizzou is better than UF.

Barrett Sallee likes TN. He comes on the Josh and Swain show almost every week during the summer and football season.

I know it. It's been a while. Were we ranked preseason top10 one year under Butch? I can't remember. . . when was the last preseason top10? Was it around 2007 or all the way back to 2000ish?
Believe top 10 the year Tennessee play Virginia Tech in Bristol also wasn't that the year Butch Jones almost overlooked App. state in season opener ?

He's said some anti-Tenn stuff recently, I think. I can't remember exactly what was said. I remember being surprised he said it, because he usually says decent stuff about UT.
He was flattering the lamecocks.

I think he tries to spread the love a lil. It's a profession in which one is always dependent on even uninformed and delusional fans. Not holding that low moment against him. So long as he keeps standing up for the Vols.

Last edited:
Just another Josh Heupel and staff appreciation note:

To inherit what they did and going into season 3 to be ranked in the top 10 after losing a record setting QB, two top level receivers, and a top level pass rusher to the NFL is something to be grateful for considering what things were like for the better part of a decade from 2010-2020.

Plus a first round draft choice OT. We are so fortunate to have him and the staff.

wow, sitting here looking at the upcoming commitments. I honestly dont see anyone we have a better than 50% shot at getting. With Cole getting UGA Donged, that really stings. Staff is going to have to work hard to finish out strong in what could be an exceptional class, but still has many needs

Wet Blanket Hubbs may be right, 22 or 23.

Its a sign guys!

1998 Coaches Poll Preseason Top 25
1 Ohio State (31)
2 Florida State (10)
3 Nebraska (12)
4 Florida (1)
5 Michigan (4)
6 Kansas State (1)
7 UCLA (3)
8 LSU
9 Arizona State
10 Tennessee
11 North Carolina
12 West Virginia
13 Penn State
14 Syracuse
15 Texas A&M
16 Colorado State
17 Washington
18 Georgia
19 Virginia
20 Wisconsin
21 Southern Miss
22 Auburn
23 Michigan State
24 Notre Dame
25 Arizona

Coaches Poll Preseason Top 25 College Football Rankings 1990 to 1999 - College Football News | College Football Predictions, Analysis and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back