Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I was responding to a couple of posts about it just before mine. I wasn’t very clear. My apologies.

No need. I just wanted to be sure I was getting it right. I always liked Banks despite him being a hot headed screw up. It's disappointing to hear that he was still prone to being that idiotic after everything but Milton's behavior doesn't really surprise me. Everything we've heard and seen from him aligns with that.

Just rewatched the LSU game and this was the SEC short that they put out immediately following. One of their funniest IMO.

Destroyed my phone during the 3rd quarter of the GT game in 17. Slammed it against the floor two or three times in front of the tv then proceeded to go outside and finish it off. May have punted a piece of it into the road. This was the turning point in the game.

I never told you, but I could’ve added a comfy donut hole for you to sit on, does that sweeten the pot? Okay, you gotta give me a twofer that one. I tried really hard.

I always meant what I said. I’m a good driver. Enough said.
To be fair, the stress and pain that comes with Vandy trips leaves me feeling anti-social and snippy. That's why I keep saying we should do lunch or something. It would make for a less cranky Weezer.

Many artists do stuff to pay the bills and different stuff for their own artistic edification. Those aren't mutually exclusive. And I'm grateful she recorded that hillbilly woman's song. May have been safe, but it was awful purty.

It was purdy but Dolly's version has more soul in it. That's my point on Whitney. She had so much vocal talent but she held back emotionally when she sang and never completely just let everything out. If she'd put more heart and soul into it - she'd have been one of the best to ever be. Whitney is almost the opposite of Janis or Tina -- with them you're getting everything they have. With Whitney you're getting an "A" performance if you're comparing her work to what other "A" students turn in for their assignments but it's not an "A" if you're grading her by what you know she's capable of. That's why she's frustrating for me.

Yeah. If we only win 7 this years then something catastrophic happened.

Virgina - W
Austin P - W
@ Florida - W but who knows how badly Tennessee will thrash the gators.
UTSA - W
SCAR - W
TAMU - W
@bama - Who knows how saban will react to back to back Tennessee losses
@UK - W
UCON - W
@Mizzou - W
UGA - Probably L for kirby
Andy - W

Even if we lose to Bama, UGA, and Florida on the road, we would have to drop two more and I just don't see how that happens with our schedule.

helped you out and now your postscript is very strange… 😇

No I'll fight you on the last bit and I love Otis but Janis was the only person that brought the crowd to its feet. Otis became a megastar because he was able to crossover to white audiences. Janis was just starting out and Janis with Big Brother and the Holding Company is unbeatable.

That said, would love to hear Ego Rock with Janis + Otis Redding. The version with Nick Gravenites is great but Redding would've been an amazing match.

^^Live and improv'd.

Janis Joplin played at Stokley Athletic Center in the fall of 1969 for homecoming and yes we beat South Carolina in football that day.

riddle me this. delays happen nearly every flight these days. delta has approx 9,959,001 employees roaming aimlessly, uncuffed, unhinged around every airport.

Why is it, that every flight is delayed due to no flight crew? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There’s a lot that goes into it. But probably the biggest piece is that crews typically fly multiple legs a day. Should delays happen due to weather or volume constraints, there’s a chance that your crew can “time out” by the end of their day. I don’t believe that leaves enough time for them to activate a reserve crew usually.

Tickets only 15 dollars!

I think I'm gonna go

Easy to root for Hawaii with the wildfire tragedy

Would love to go watch them beat Vandy

Go Rainbow Warriors! 🌈
I have an uncle who when when he first moved to Nashville used to go to some of their games. He said he got to see a lot of visiting SEC teams in person for 5 bucks (back then) from scalpers at the gate. 😂

It was purdy but Dolly's version has more soul in it. That's my point on Whitney. She had so much vocal talent but she held back emotionally when she sang and never completely just let everything out. If she'd put more heart and soul into it - she'd have been one of the best to ever be. Whitney is almost the opposite of Janis or Tina -- with them you're getting everything they have. With Whitney you're getting an "A" performance if you're comparing her work to what other "A" students turn in for their assignments but it's not an "A" if you're grading her by what you know she's capable of. That's why she's frustrating for me.
Really? I was too busy wishing I could do half as well as her to be frustrated by her performance. Her national anthem is spectacular. Loved Janis on “Me and Bobby McGee” and loved to sing along. Could never quite sing along with Whitney.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I have an uncle who when when he first moved to Nashville used to go to some of their games. He said he got to see a lot of visiting SEC teams in person for 5 bucks (back then) from scalpers at the gate. 😂
Yeah this one is legit 15 bucks

I can also park for free at work and then walk there 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back