Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re certainly not resting. 😏

You misunderstand me...I'm not freaking out about anything...

There are several concerns that are fairly obvious to me...I am prepared for those and unlike people here saying 7-8 wins are a disaster, I will not be freaking out if those concerns turn out to be well-founded. We are not UGA and Bama..we do not have above average to elite proven depth at several positions.

I do not understand why this is a controversial take.

I don't want this crap to happen....I just acknowledge the real possibility of that crap happening, just like I acknowledge the possibility of another 10-12 win season if everything goes right.

Yes, because that is what happens at concerts lol and here I thought you were an outdoorsman 😅

Fr though, the one with real sanitary issues was the 94 or 96 or whatever one. That was well known. By then it was greedy corp folks trying to string budgets and a wilder young pack, not the hippies from before. The 90s woodstocks were pretty disastrous I'd agree. Too many punks and rage, not enough peace and love. Would not have wanted to attend those sh**shows. Lot of bad stories came out of those sadly.
Peace and love?...you mean like the peaceful lovefest that was Altamont?

So banks was missing practices and whatnot.. bad attitude.. same for juju. Banks had a bad attitude in the building and tried to fight other players all the time for little to no reason. Before the usce game, Hendon said something to banks and banks immediately tried to fight him. Milton stepped in to take up for Hendon. Banks finally got in trouble for being a punk.

I take a lot from this, but primarily I think it shows real character and leadership from Milton and will certainly make me root for.him even more. Taking up for the guy that supplanted you is a really selfless act and I imagine that whole locker room respects the hell out of Milton. I hope he has a great year. What a fine young man.

Jesus. I knew Bob and OU had scapegoated Heupel to save Bob's brother but I guess I didn't expect the press to be that bad.
An unreal amount of venom for a long gone OC (at that point), who also happens to be a former national championship QB for the school.

So salty. And why?

Doctors' appts. went fine, but my back is a mess from the trip. Hurts like a mofo.
I never told you, but I could’ve added a comfy donut hole for you to sit on, does that sweeten the pot? Okay, you gotta give me a twofer that one. I tried really hard.

I always meant what I said. I’m a good driver. Enough said.

i'll never understand that game. just that this year mr mayo gets put back into the dumpster
SC threw out literally EVERYTHING they had been doing all year on offense + Rattler playing the game of his life, throwing extremely accurately when had not been able to hit the broad side of a barn in every other game + the team (obviously especially the defense) was discombobulated by the nonsense + the crowd being nuts and their boys playing out of their mind when it seemed like the whole SC team and fanbase had already mailed in the season = the crazy abomination of a game that was birthed.

An unreal amount of venom for a long gone OC (at that point), who also happens to be a former national championship QB for the school.

So salty. And why?

We get mad at KNS because we have a media and sportswriters that almost too far in the other direction (they dance so close to the line that at times they seem more against us than for us). THAT article on Heupel though is what happens when you have a media that is filled with unchecked homers. They bought into what Stoops sold them and they won't change their minds on it. It's filled with levels of venom and salt that you can only really find when you live in what amounts to an echo chamber.

I never told you, but I could’ve added a comfy donut hole for you to sit on, does that sweeten the pot? Okay, you gotta give me a twofer that one. I tried really hard.

I always meant what I said. I’m a good driver. Enough said.
Left Knoxville at 4:30am Eastern. Started the morning with an MRI, then off to the liver doctor. Spine doctor and the annual dermatologist visit after that. Not a lot of fun.

Have a friend who knows Walker Merrill very well….helped him get to Wake Forest.

The Banks story from the fall before the SC game is true. It was Milton who shut everything down. Milton apparently picked him up and pinned him against the wall. Merrill said everyone loves Joe but he also is a defensive end playing QB and Banks didn’t want any part of Joe.

Wait, which Banks story? The one where he wanted to pick a fight with Hendon or what?

No I'll fight you on the last bit and I love Otis but Janis was the only person that brought the crowd to its feet. Otis became a megastar because he was able to crossover to white audiences. Janis was just starting out and Janis with Big Brother and the Holding Company is unbeatable.

That said, would love to hear Ego Rock with Janis + Otis Redding. The version with Nick Gravenites is great but Redding would've been an amazing match.

^^Live and improv'd.

My 4-year-old daughter wanted to listen to Pearl back to back to back this evening. Made me feel like I’m doing something right.

Back then the charts were still very much color coded but that was changing. The music industry was simply afraid. A more soulful/emotional Houston wouldn't have had less appeal but more appeal. Music is after all about getting people to feel something - to move you in some way. With Houston, they were simply being risk averse. She was wildly successful but she's also the biggest "what could've been" in the past 30 years.

The industry was being as forward thinking as Simon Cowell was when he said Aretha Franklin would never make it today because she was fat. Then along came Adele.

Many artists do stuff to pay the bills and different stuff for their own artistic edification. Those aren't mutually exclusive. And I'm grateful she recorded that hillbilly woman's song. May have been safe, but it was awful purty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back