Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked on Swain Event this morning who would be the starter, and Swain said without hesitation that it’s Wright, and that he’s “ballin’”.
He said last year that Small was going to be that guy. Wish he could have stayed healthy bc he is really good. I still think Wright is better. Good problem to have.

I am not counting them out. The progression of the OL last year was really amazing. Their performance in the PITT game was far from great but good enough to win. After that game, I didn't expect the OL to be as good as they turned out. The good news is the OL coach has a great track record. It would be nice if LG wasn't a question mark though.
Does anybody pay attention to the other teams gameplan? There was a reason Pitt got as much pressure as they did...and if Hooker didn't miss a few more than normal we would have hung 50+ on them unless they eased off throwing the kitchen sink.

Apparently Josh Pate thinks bammers OL is tremendous… except they have a “massive blind spot” at quarterback. Little Nick wants to be a super physical program again like 2008-2017. I just don’t think they can legitimately get away with that and win a national championship without at least better play from the quarterback. Defensively not good enough and too many issues at spots. Tennessee needs the DL to matchup to the OL and I think we’ll be golden and get a win in Tuscaloosa this year

People see the OL as the question mark. I think we'll be fine, but protection is the concern that people have.
If Butchna is right and we do get great OL play again, then the sky truly is the limit, but I just can't/won't assume great OL play...I expect solid, but solid ain't gonna beat the better defenses we play.

Apparently Josh Pate thinks bammers OL is tremendous… except they have a “massive blind spot” at quarterback. Little Nick wants to be a super physical program again like 2008-2017. I just don’t think they can legitimately get away with that and win a national championship without at least better play from the quarterback. Defensively not good enough and too many issues at spots. Tennessee needs the DL to matchup to the OL and I think we’ll be golden and get a win in Tuscaloosa this year
They're going to run the ball again.

That style of play covered up a lot of lacking at the qb position. If he’s not confident in the qb, going back to that old style is the best move he’s got.

Does anybody pay attention to the other teams gameplan? There was a reason Pitt got as much pressure as they did...and if Hooker didn't miss a few more than normal we would have hung 50+ on them unless they eased off throwing the kitchen sink.
They held our run game in check last year. We only had 91 total rushing yards as a team.

They held our run game in check last year. We only had 91 total rushing yards as a team.
Yes...they were throwing some really creative stuff at us that was really effective...but if Hooker was a little more on, they would have been down huge and would have been forced to back off that stuff.

We really should have scored 50+....several wide open plays were missed...but nobody is perfect and Hooker played well enough to win.

They gambled on a risky defensive gameplan and it worked out well enough to give them a real shot to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back