Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the end of the Bama game for about the 13,000th time and, man…what a game. I had no inkling we’d be at that point in year 2 of Josh Heupel’s tenure. What a win. It was comparable in feeling to a national title to get that monkey off the back. For at least one night, the Vols were completely on top of the college football world. I believe Heupel when he said after the Orange Bowl that the best is yet to come. It’s gonna be a fun ride.

I watched an hour-long highlight video of the entire 2022 season earlier. The Bama game highlights got me pumped up. Felt like I was watching it live again. 2022 Vols were just nasty. If we didn’t have the horrific letdown against USCjr, I think we could have beaten UGA in a playoff rematch.

His last 5 years at ND they only finished ranked lower than they began once and that year they dropped from 9th to 12th. Including 2 top 5 finishes.

Then include what he did last year winning the West out of nowhere in Y1. Would hardly say annual underachieving.
He’s a solid coach but here’s a fun stat for ya. In 19 years as a FBS HC he has yet to win one NY6 Bowl game. Take out the few seasons with CMU and Cincinnati… 13 years leading Notre Dame and LSU, No NY6 bowl wins.

I watched an hour-long highlight video of the entire 2022 season earlier. The Bama game highlights got me pumped up. Felt like I was watching it live again. 2022 Vols were just nasty. If we didn’t have the horrific letdown against USCjr, I think we could have beaten UGA in a playoff rematch.
Post link?

He’s a solid coach but here’s a fun stat for ya. In 19 years as a FBS HC he has yet to win one NY6 Bowl game. Take out the few seasons with CMU and Cincinnati… 13 years leading Notre Dame and LSU, No NY6 bowl wins.
Pretty wild.

Have always felt some coaches are good at postseason prep and some not so much. Butch somehow did us right in the offseason. Dabo has been typically great as well considering his whippings of Bama.

Then there are coaches that hit duds in the postseason and I'd fully agree Kelly is in that group. And no, whipping Purdue by 56 last year "don't impress me a much"

On3 calling their shot

edit: since we can't imbed "x" links anymore because Elon has an ego the size of the moon -- On3 asked who would be this year's breakout player with a picture of Thornton

Use to just be able to paste the link. Even when I change X to Twitter it doesn’t work because the URL structure is slightly different. If you use the Media option in the tools and put the link along with changing the x to Twitter it will work though. Just takes longer.

Edit: should also mention I think it’s just the links that come straight from the mobile app. I think if you are scrolling Twitter from a browser and do the link option from a tweet, it may work straight out the box still. I’m just always on mobile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back