Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Vol fans…..

PSA! I know we seasonally want to beat the Alabamas, Dawgs, Gators every year, but atop my list this year is the Damn GAMECHICKENS!! I have heard them boast all damn year about how they beat the brakes off us and they did.
One of my guys is a SC Alum and he has TORMENTED me all year. Even had a Custom SC cake delivered for my Birthday this past year. He’s a great guy but the rivalry in our building is INTENSE.
You would think that one win was like them winning a Natty!

So this year, thats the one game that I’m really wanting to absolutely beat them BAD and don’t let up on the “Go” pedal. I wanna hang 80 on them.

Anyways, got some good news coming soon.
Y’all have a great weekend
Agree!

Yes...they were throwing some really creative stuff at us that was really effective...but if Hooker was a little more on, they would have been down huge and would have been forced to back off that stuff.

We really should have scored 50+....several wide open plays were missed...but nobody is perfect and Hooker played well enough to win.

They gambled on a risky defensive gameplan and it worked out well enough to give them a real shot to win.
Tillman uncharacteristically dropped a walk in TD as well, which would’ve majorly changed the game. Probably don’t have to go to OT with that touchdown

If Simmons is injured what is our 2 deep at DT? Hobbs is now taking reps at DT because we are very thin there if I’m not mistaken.

Last edited:
Morning Vol fans…..

PSA! I know we seasonally want to beat the Alabamas, Dawgs, Gators every year, but atop my list this year is the Damn GAMECHICKENS!! I have heard them boast all damn year about how they beat the brakes off us and they did.
One of my guys is a SC Alum and he has TORMENTED me all year. Even had a Custom SC cake delivered for my Birthday this past year. He’s a great guy but the rivalry in our building is INTENSE.
You would think that one win was like them winning a Natty!

So this year, thats the one game that I’m really wanting to absolutely beat them BAD and don’t let up on the “Go” pedal. I wanna hang 80 on them.

Anyways, got some good news coming soon.
Y’all have a great weekend

Every year, my number one target is the Gators. I so want a win streak against them...until this year. Please, oh please, beat the tar out of them 'Cocks'.

200w.gif

Everyone knows Fuad Reveiz is the Vol record holder for longest field goal with his 60 yarder at Georgia Tech in 1982. But here's another FG that is truly remarkable.

The Vols' Buck Hatcher kicked a 52 yard FG against Sewanee in 1920! (No one else on the list of bests played before the 60s.)

He was honored by the New York Times as college football's outstanding kicker in 1920. He made All-SIAA (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association) that year. And was a team captain.

Hatcher also played tackle for the Vols: I'm not aware of any moderns who could claim that. 😂
Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 9.05.02 AM.jpeg

Last edited:
Watching Milton throw to our receivers in the practice videos today…(nsfw).

Milton’s feet are staying active and I bet they’ve worked a ton on that. I think he will be quicker and more responsive in the pocket this year.

Bru also looks a lot quicker and still ready to maul DBs (Clemson DBs looked like rag dolls trying to tackle him).

The speed across the board is insane.

Imagine the reports coming out of Lexington if they were seeing this stuff with their players. Contrast that with our reports from camp…all business.

It’s going to be a fun season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back