Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh-ok.gif
Witcher think is correct? Has gone, or has went?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Morning Vol fans…..

PSA! I know we seasonally want to beat the Alabamas, Dawgs, Gators every year, but atop my list this year is the Damn GAMECHICKENS!! I have heard them boast all damn year about how they beat the brakes off us and they did.
One of my guys is a SC Alum and he has TORMENTED me all year. Even had a Custom SC cake delivered for my Birthday this past year. He’s a great guy but the rivalry in our building is INTENSE.
You would think that one win was like them winning a Natty!

So this year, thats the one game that I’m really wanting to absolutely beat them BAD and don’t let up on the “Go” pedal. I wanna hang 80 on them.

Anyways, got some good news coming soon.
Y’all have a great weekend

I have an unhealthy disdain for them as well. Of course, living in South Carolina doesn't help.

I know we all want Kensucky as our third rival (assuming Alabama and Vandy are the other two) and I would as well... but I can also see where we're developing quite the rivalry with uscjr the past decade or so. Both in recruiting and on the field.

Reactions: OrangeBoll
I used to live and die by camp updates but these days it’s literally just, “player a, b, and c did not practice today, the quarterbacks threw the ball, the WR’s caught the ball, player x made a good catch and player y dropped a ball”.
I get that the media only gets one session and is limited in what they can say but this has to be the most boring updates ever.
Practice updates are only interesting with a quarterback competition going on...

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Everyone knows Fuad Reveiz is the Vol record holder for longest field goal with his 60 yarder at Georgia Tech in 1982. But here's another FG that is truly remarkable.

The Vols' Buck Hatcher kicked a 52 yard FG against Sewanee in 1920! (No one else on the list of bests played before the 60s.)

He was honored by the New York Times as college football's outstanding kicker in 1920. He made All-SIAA (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association) that year. And was a team captain.

Hatcher also played tackle for the Vols: I'm not aware of any moderns who could claim that. 😂
View attachment 570615
He was #218 on my list of Top 250 Vols.

Quote: "The record of Buck Hatcher is well known to all followers of football throughout the South and all over the country." Buck played four years on the varsity and was captain of the 1920 team. He played quarterback from 1915, 1916, and 1919 and moved to Tackle in 1920. He was also a star kicker and punter. In 1916, He helped the Vols to an 8-0-1 record and a SIAA Championship. He was considered the "greatest player in the country" that season. In the 1916 game vs. Sewanee, he set a record with a 52 yard FG and kicked the winning extra point and FG to beat hated Vanderbilt. In the 1919 game with Vanderbilt, Hatcher made a last minute "drop-kick" to tie Vandy 3-3. During the 7-2 season of 1920, Buck was moved to Tackle and was named to the 'Mythical" All-South Eleven Team.
9d790e69-9c55-4441-928a-6e7fe2ca5bec-png.431296

Everyone knows Fuad Reveiz is the Vol record holder for longest field goal with his 60 yarder at Georgia Tech in 1982. But here's another FG that is truly remarkable.

The Vols' Buck Hatcher kicked a 52 yard FG against Sewanee in 1920! (No one else on the list of bests played before the 60s.)

He was honored by the New York Times as college football's outstanding kicker in 1920. He made All-SIAA (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association) that year. And was a team captain.

Hatcher also played tackle for the Vols: I'm not aware of any moderns who could claim that. 😂
View attachment 570615
Just looked him up. He also punted and played QB.
Got Peaygolfed , nevermind.

He was #218 on my list of Top 250 Vols.

Quote: "The record of Buck Hatcher is well known to all followers of football throughout the South and all over the country." Buck played four years on the varsity and was captain of the 1920 team. He played quarterback from 1915, 1916, and 1919 and moved to Tackle in 1920. He was also a star kicker and punter. In 1916, He helped the Vols to an 8-0-1 record and a SIAA Championship. He was considered the "greatest player in the country" that season. In the 1916 game vs. Sewanee, he set a record with a 52 yard FG and kicked the winning extra point and FG to beat hated Vanderbilt. In the 1919 game with Vanderbilt, Hatcher made a last minute "drop-kick" to tie Vandy 3-3. During the 7-2 season of 1920, Buck was moved to Tackle and was named to the 'Mythical" All-South Eleven Team.
9d790e69-9c55-4441-928a-6e7fe2ca5bec-png.431296
Thanks! I stand corrected.

I wrongly thought I'd found one that you missed. I should have remembered because I read them all. And if I didn't remember, I should have guessed! 😂

That's a better write up and photo too. I was going to do that as a tribute to you in your new thread like the Jimmy Streater clip I posted, but decided to drop it here. Thanks for this better writeup.

Just looked him up. He also punted and played QB.
Got Peaygolfed , nevermind.
I sure did.

Last edited:
Thanks! I stand corrected.

I wrongly thought I'd found one that you missed. I should have remembered. And if I didn't remember, I should have guessed! 😂

That's a better write up and photo too. I was going to do that as a tribute to you in your thread like the Streater clip, but I decided at the last minute to drop it here.
Keep it going! Love it.

True. But Ruth did have a baby named after him.
I knew a couple with the last name Barr and suggested that for their Baby they choose the name Ruth. Surprised they didn't take me up on that idea. They didn't choose Candy or Singles, Ballet or Soap either. I was trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back