Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bru has amazing hands for a bruiser, top shelf blocker, great focus. I think he will do well at the next level.
When he arrived, many failed to realize he hadn't participated in an organized off-season program for two years due to the USC mess. Kurt Schmidt benefits manifesting.

Everyone knows Fuad Reveiz is the Vol record holder for longest field goal with his 60 yarder at Georgia Tech in 1982. But here's another FG that is truly remarkable.

The Vols' Buck Hatcher kicked a 52 yard FG against Sewanee in 1920! (No one else on the list of bests played before the 60s.)

He was honored by the New York Times as college football's outstanding kicker in 1920. He made All-SIAA (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association) that year. And was a team captain.

Hatcher also played tackle for the Vols: I'm not aware of any moderns who could claim that. 😂
View attachment 570615
I think he and @Orangeredblooded went to the Sadie Hawkins dance together that next spring.

has gone*

as in, " @InVOLuntary has gone through the roof after Inskip raised it's prices, prompting Waffle Stomping to commence."
sigh-ok.gif

Bru has amazing hands for a bruiser, top shelf blocker, great focus. I think he will do well at the next level.

I rewatched the Orange bowl over the summer, and good things happened every time we went to Bru on a drive. A full year of consistent health and conditioning is going to bring out his full potential.

I expect this offense to absolutely destroy some good teams this year. And no apologies if I’m stepping on anyone’s pessimism.

Such a goddang tragedy, such a great performance. Cavill really brought depth to Witcher. Just like his Superman was 'USA Todayed' for the masses. What a waste.

Now, they'd dragged this crap out for several seasons with horrific writing, plot, and left it 'out there' to die a horrible death.

Geralt is such a unique character. Had the right format been done, and stayed closer to the comics. This wouldve been a massive hit.

I used to live and die by camp updates but these days it’s literally just, “player a, b, and c did not practice today, the quarterbacks threw the ball, the WR’s caught the ball, player x made a good catch and player y dropped a ball”.
I get that the media only gets one session and is limited in what they can say but this has to be the most boring updates ever.

I used to live and die by camp updates but these days it’s literally just, “player a, b, and c did not practice today, the quarterbacks threw the ball, the WR’s caught the ball, player x made a good catch and player y dropped a ball”.
I get that the media only gets one session and is limited in what they can say but this has to be the most boring updates ever.
As Allen Iverson stated " Were talking about Practice" ... Quote AI nevermore...

Probably better for the team this way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I know what you mean, but I still read them. 😂

Today is the last practice viewing day for the media.

Actually, there are some good nuggets in there today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back