Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge game for Squirrel. Clemson is going to score, there's nothing that we can do about that at this point. Our defense is what our defense is. If Joe and Squirrel can answer every Clemson score blow for blow (Hooker/Hyatt vs Bama) then we'll put a ton of pressure on their young QB.
1672425285779.gif

What are yall’s thoughts? Score predictions?

If HH + Hyatt + Banks could play:
UT - 42
Clemson - 28

If just Banks could play:
UT - 31
Clemson - 28

As-is:
UT - 30
Clemson - 34

From a Tier 1 talent perspective - this is simply not the 2022 Vols. It is what it is.

But even as a 4 pt underdog, we still win almost 40% of the time (38.1% historically). We have plenty of a chance to win. We absolutely need to be disciplined. Can't shoot ourselves in the foot as we did in our 2 losses. Being a neutral game should help.

Gbo!

I left Cobb out of my post because his story is such a tragedy. I was a 12 year old kid when he got booted from the team. I didn't understand how powerful drug addiction could be until I got much older. He was one of my favorite players ever and I still have a football signed by him. It was heartbreaking to see my hero go down like that.

He's 100% top 10

I was right there with you man. It made no sense to me at the time and really wish it had played out differently for him.

Kind Of Blue
Giant Steps
Dark Side of the Moon
Sgt Peppers
White Album
Zeppelin IV
House of the Holy
Rumours
Whats Going On
Here My Dear
Hot Buttered Soul
Aja

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

I think that all of those are good, but would also benefit from the enhanced quality of vinyl
I recognize the artists behind:
DSOTM (this would sound unreal 🤩)
Sgt Peppers
White Album
Zep (duh)
Rumours
Aja
That Kanye album

Who are the others?

Omari loves CRG. I doubt he leaves with just one year left.

I'm good with whatever the coaches decide at RB. If they want Lloyd, good. If they don't, I'm still good.
Omari and Small are like brothers and have grown up together. If Omari thinks they screwed over Small by bringing in Lloyd, then all bets are off on him staying.

That being said, I think the conversation should move away from Small because I doubt he would leave...the person I replied to was focusing on Small so I was replying to that. I think the guy that likely leaves is Wright. My own opinion is that he's the best back on the team right now and got better as the season progressed. He showed he could be physical and break tackles, had good vision, can make guys miss, pass protected well, has good acceleration and pretty good speed. I'm not sure Lloyd is good enough to risk losing Wright.

I trust whatever Heupel decides, but if he knows that Lloyd coming in would mean Small, Wright, or Sampson hits the portal...then I wonder if he would make that move. We'll see.

I really don’t like watching Tennessee football with friends and extended family. Folks want to small talk and I have a hard time caring what other people are saying.
100%

I CANNOT watch UT football with anyone else, barring a party of 100% vol fans that get it and shut up and only speak to cheer and make angry comments toward the tv.

I've met a lot of people like that. My wife doesn't get it, but she's boarded up in the other room in her cage, so I've got it covered.

Lloyd is a very good back. His issue is staying healthy. Which is an attribute itself people tend to overlook
He's already had major knee surgery and did miss considerable time this season. I have a hard time seeing him being a fit for Tennessee, but I don't know all the details or what the coaches are looking at. Seems like Lloyd is looking for a place where he can play one more season, be the guy, and jump to the NFL. With Tennessee splitting carries a lot, I kind of wonder how it's a fit from Lloyd's perspective. We'll find out soon enough. I'll pull for whoever is on the field.

gahhhhhh

3gSW.gif

Reactions: Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back