Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%

I CANNOT watch UT football with anyone else, barring a party of 100% vol fans that get it and shut up and only speak to cheer and make angry comments toward the tv.

I've met a lot of people like that. My wife doesn't get it, but she's boarded up in the other room in her cage, so I've got it covered.

Watching a game with an apathetic family friend who prefers NFL over college is torture. Snarky comments about the landscape of college sports. Total lethargic interaction when we galavant into the cheggarboards. Ugh. 😑

I recognize the artists behind:
DSOTM (this would sound unreal 🤩)
Sgt Peppers
White Album
Zep (duh)
Rumours
Aja
That Kanye album

Who are the others?
Couple of jazz classics. Gotta have those.

Marvin Gaye's best work and an Isaac Hayes album that will make love to your record player.

You could probably stand to add an Earth Wind and Fire album and an Isley Brothers album to that mix as well. Maybe greatest hits of both of them but I don't know if the production and mixing for albums like that would be as true.

@SweetasSoda mentioned beach boys and they really did take their production very seriously. They pushed the Beatles to make their albums as crisp as possible.

Another inspiration to those artists was The Miracles/Smokey Robinson, would be a cool record to have

Hendrix on vinyl would be awesome

Last edited:
Watching a game with an apathetic family friend who prefers NFL over college is torture. Snarky comments about the landscape of college sports. Total lethargic interaction when we galavant into the cheggarboards. Ugh. 😑

I am in Hilton Head with my family and my in-laws, who are UK fans. They will root for UT while watching the game with me, just to be polite- but I would rather watch by myself [Unless, of course, UT puts an epic start-to-finish beat down on Clemson and then I will be in a fun, friendly mood that can handle the background non-UT-focused discourse]

Keys to the game.

1) Defense needs to not play like crap.
2) Milton needs to not play like crap.
3) DBs need to not give the Clemson WRs 10yd cushions.
4) Our WRs need to catch passes.
5) Defense needs to not play like crap.

We do those 5 things and I think we win.
5ds-of-dodgeball-dodge.gif

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I recognize the artists behind:
DSOTM (this would sound unreal 🤩)
Sgt Peppers
White Album
Zep (duh)
Rumours
Aja
That Kanye album

Who are the others?

Not answering your question,but add these to your list:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Tyler Childers - Purgatory
Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds in Country Music
The White Stripes - Elephant
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang
Nirvana - Nevermind
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
Queen - A Night at the Opera
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Faith No More - Angel Dust

I've really started disliking night games.

Having to wait all day, watching these slow azz offenses piddle around like they're playing tiddly winks...this ain't real football. Give me pure octane 100 Heupel fuel fired real football or give me death!!

8 more hours 🥱

Just gives me more time to Pregame Tailgate in my Man Cave. 🍊🏈🍺

Haven’t seen it mentioned in this debate at all,
But it’s vital to CJH, how is he at pass blocking?
I think most agree , Small is the least dynamic of our 3 backs at running but he’s the # 1 back.
I mean Sampson is a true freshman and Wright has had fumbling issues. I think that’s the answer for Small starting. Staff has shown they start older guys even if they are less talented.

And yeah you’re starting running back needs to be able to pass block, no idea about LLoyd on that. He’s bigger and more physical than Small so that’s probably not an issue.

My wife did this exact scenario to me today. My in laws are in town and my wife this morning goes, “We should go out to dinner tonight.” I shot her a look and said, “Y’all will be going out without me. I’m watching UT.” Honestly I hope they do. I’d rather have the house to myself tonight.
Exactly.. We need to concentrate lol

I am in Hilton Head with my family and my in-laws, who are UK fans. They will root for UT while watching the game with me, just to be polite- but I would rather watch by myself [Unless, of course, UT puts an epic start-to-finish beat down on Clemson and then I will be in a fun, friendly mood that can handle the background non-UT-focused discourse]
Even family that are Tennessee fans. There is this air of “I must be calculated and subdued in front of everyone lest I look like a care too much”

That would just make me act extra crazy 😂 I have friends that I grew up with that I know for a fact grew up in middle Tennessee with me and are Titans fans but not Vols fans, so I would take delight when the Titans would lose but we won, but with Josh Dobbs there, I can’t do that anymore 😂

You poor soul. Go explore music from the 60s and especially the 70s. Revelatory.
You surely jest. I started off by saying my first vinyl would be Nina Simone 😄

I've done plenty...all of those minus MDTBF were from literally that era haha, just don't know the album names attached to half of them. One of the "downsides" of streaming genres and eras...you never really notice the names of the albums they were on. Not like the old days when I'd purchase a full-fledged album and listen to it all the way through.

I've listened to a live Nina Simone album 100x and just yesterday noticed the name...Little Girl Blue. But hey now I know what I've been listening to all these years 😅

I've really started disliking night games.

Having to wait all day, watching these slow azz offenses piddle around like they're playing tiddly winks...this ain't real football. Give me pure octane 100 Heupel fuel fired real football or give me death!!

8 more hours 🥱
Me too. I like to dish out our arse whoopings early.

I mean Sampson is a true freshman and Wright has had fumbling issues. I think that’s the answer for Small starting. Staff has shown they start older guys even if they are less talented.

And yeah you’re starting running back needs to be able to pass block, no idea about LLoyd on that. He’s bigger and more physical than Small so that’s probably not an issue.
I don’t think that’s been proven…. The staff has given squirrel a lot off opportunity over older guys…. Not sure if we have that many that showed that they were ready to play…. Isn’t Lloyd and small fairly similar in size?

My wife did this exact scenario to me today. My in laws are in town and my wife this morning goes, “We should go out to dinner tonight.” I shot her a look and said, “Y’all will be going out without me. I’m watching UT.” Honestly I hope they do. I’d rather have the house to myself tonight.

My wife always wants to dump my mother in law on me during games. She talks the whole game about random stuff and it drives me crazy. Sometimes the local bar or BWs is the best escape.😀

Sounds similar to what my wife went through about 3 years ago. She went to work one day and could not remember how to get home, started having mini seizures and forgetting recent events.
When my mother-in-law was alive, at times she wouldn't know who her own children were. They thought maybe it was early dementia but every time it turned out to be a UTI. It was crazy but when she had a UTI, it really messed with her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back