Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know that it’s our philosophy to LET them march down the field into our territory as much as it is a result of the way we pressure the QB. On their end of the field, there is a lot of real estate for the receivers to get open so pressure is less effective. But when in the RZ, the field is shorter for the receivers and time is limited, so the same pressure we bring results in incomplete passes and sacks and tackles.

It’s just what this particular Vols team was built for, we had better pass rushers than we were at coverage. So maybe next year we don’t send backers a ton on first and second down.

But to your point that’s the way Indy built those Manning-led Colts’ teams. They knew they would typically be ahead early in games pressuring other team to throw it, so they spent coin on Freeney and Mathis. But also, it’s not other teams chose not to spend money on pass rushers. I’m rambling.
I didn't mean we literally plan to "LET" them do it...I thought my point was obvious. We would rather give up easier yards in the middle than long cheap TDs, and as the field compresses the holes get way smaller.

there was one in the end zone on Joseph and he got tackled and the ref reached for it and let it go. When I mean tackled I mean one of the best tackles of the night too
Yep...saw that one too, it happened a bunch of times...no calls. The zebras were trying their best to screw us over.

It is embarrassing. It is essentially woke culture poison. Whoa is us. Everybody is against us. They don't hear anything positive people say about UT. And then stretch everything else to make it negative about UT.
So you didn’t hear the continuous talking about Clemson’s QB when he had done nothing? They did talk about JM when he made a good play with some more about his arm strength later. Didn’t notice the continuous cameras shots of the QB’s parents and their cheerleaders? Maybe I just notice these things because of the mass media major where we analyzed things like this.

I won't name names because I know I'll leave someone out,

but those of you who stayed positive this year, kept things in perspective, saw the huge improvement, and encouraged the rest of us to do the same.....

I hope you enjoyed this game and season so much you can't wipe the smile off your face even if you try. You deserve it.
1672515424888.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back