Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at one point is was about churning out a quality product, studios maybe took pride in quality versus quantity. Who knows? Yes, all about money.
We are watching all of the Taylor Sheridan at my house, Yellowstone, 1923, Tulsa King.. best stuff being produced right now imo… also Mayfair Witches looks promising, but I have read everything Rice has written, so if they stray too far from the novels I will pout 😂 Movies are bad now imo, the last one I saw at the theater was Crazy Rich Asians pre-Covid lol

People need to put some respect on Jabari Small’s name…… He played in every game last year except the lower level teams( he did get knocked out in couple after giving it ago) At times….. he could barely utilize his arm and he still went out there on that field….. He has played hurt for two straight years…. People whined about losing Tiyon Evans…. That guy sat out every time he pulled a pubic hair…..Jabari Small is what a true VFL looks like.
VcRN.gif

We are watching all of the Taylor Sheridan at my house, Yellowstone, 1923, Tulsa King.. best stuff being produced right now imo… also Mayfair Witches looks promising, but I have read everything Rice has written, so if they stray too far from the novels I will pout 😂
Big fiction fan. I enjoy(ed) the MCU stuff. They will never replicate the Infinity War arc success. Kang interests me, but the one off 2nd tier characters are Disneying the hell out of a great product.

Other than that havent seen a show/movie waf in a long time.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
We are watching all of the Taylor Sheridan at my house, Yellowstone, 1923, Tulsa King.. best stuff being produced right now imo… also Mayfair Witches looks promising, but I have read everything Rice has written, so if they stray too far from the novels I will pout 😂
Hadn't seen they were doing that. I was a serious Ann Rice junky back in the 90s.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Big fiction fan. I enjoy(ed) the MCU stuff. They will never replicate the Infinity War arc success. Kang interests me, but the one off 2nd tier characters are Disneying the hell out of a great product.

Other than that havent seen a show/movie waf in a long time.
My family has not been to a movie since before Covid.. not the we are scared, but more like nothing we want to see

There may have been a time it was more wholesome. But, this day & age, all about money.
I was watching a Bill Maher episode that made me laugh…… he was talking about how these Hollywood actors that spoke out so often about gun violence and different societal issues…Then he showed the movies from Hollywood and the majority of them glorified gun violence.

My family has not been to a movie since before Covid.. not the we are scared, but more like nothing we want to see
One of my daughters came to visit me…. We usually plan a movie date…. The best movie on at the Theatre in town was Tammy Faye’s eyes or something like that…. Needless to say…. We didn’t continue our movie tradition.

My son wore one when he first started. We didn’t wear it last it because he outgrew it. This Hamlin thing will hopefully save a lot of lives because I’m going to get a new one for both my kids that play baseball.
Go with the one made by Evoshield. It's hard enough for proper protection, and it's comfortable enough that a kid will actually wear it and not complain.

My son wore one when he first started. We didn’t wear it last it because he outgrew it. This Hamlin thing will hopefully save a lot of lives because I’m going to get a new one for both my kids that play baseball.
This is one of my biggest fears with my son playing football. He has a portruding sternum from growing so fast at a young age. The more he builds his chest muscles up, the less it sticks out, but hes only 15 and has a way to go. We have always had him in a chest protector and shoulder pads with an extra breast plate.

Zip.

Ill see Quantamania in the theater.
not that we're big time movie goers, but we've been to some the last couple of years...the new Avatar movie is fantastic in 3d.....really amazing visually. saw the latest dr. strange (meh) and Spider Man moives in the theaters, Top Gun: Maverick, and maybe a couple others. the pickings have been a little slim and we have done the in home streaming movie purchase deal a few times as well.

but i still like going to see movies at the theatre, especially the ones where the theatre experience really still matters, top gun and avatar both qualify there imo.

People need to put some respect on Jabari Small’s name…… He played in every game last year except the lower level teams( he did get knocked out in couple after giving it ago) At times….. he could barely utilize his arm and he still went out there on that field….. He has played hurt for two straight years…. People whined about losing Tiyon Evans…. That guy sat out every time he pulled a pubic hair…..Jabari Small is what a true VFL looks like.
I agree with all of this and will still say we need to upgrade....i'm a little disappointed the USCe RB isn't coming to visit now, but i'm still very hopeful about Wright, and borderline excited about Sampson. but respect for Small? absolutely.

Reactions: drvenner

Everything Everywhere All The Time was one of my favorite movie going experiences.

Even Top Gun Maverick was fun to see in IMAX.

There are still great movies, you just have to put in the effort to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back